Sunday, February 25, 2024

Week 7 - Fighting a Cold

It was a pretty uneventful week unless you count starting it with a cold. That impacted my week a bit.

I woke up Monday having dreamed of reconciling all night but dream reconciling so I was counting the embroidery motifs on a pair of inside out men's golf pants. Where does this stuff come from? The reconciling was because the week started with another 4 hours F&A zoom and some of my data wasn't reconciling. I had to keep muting and turning my camera off for coughing and nose blowing. I skipped knitting so as not to share my germs.

I woke up feeling even worse on Tuesday so took some sick time in the morning and then did Foundation reports in the afternoon. After making sure there would be a quorum, I skipped the library board meeting. Taking it easy helped because I woke up feeling quite a bit better on Wednesday morning.

I had crammed in the social events for Wednesday - lunch at Red Fox with Erica, the new Director of Accounting and a valentine's dinner with Anne and Rene in the dorms after work. Lunch, which was my first with Erica, was fun and it was good to catch up with Anne and Rene but the "valentine's dinner" was uninspired, the only special food being a few desserts.

I worked from home Thursday and the day went quickly between helping Cindy prep for a meeting, a Ripples zoom (professional development) at 2:00 and an IDM problem at the end of the day. I ran errands in town after work and was done for the day. 

I was working on campus on Friday and, as usual, had jammed in the social events. I started at Cook's Cafe at 7:00 a.m. for Darla's belated birthday breakfast (not too belated - her birthday was Sunday). At lunch, I was excited for a much postponed trip to the Chinese buffet with Layton. Alas, it was not as good as I remembered but lunch with Layton is always good. I took it for granted the first 20 years of Friday lunches before Covid. I thrifted a bit after work but found nothing. Time for the weekend!

The only thing on my calendar for the weekend was spinning in Fremont on Saturday. It was Back to Basics with the public invited so I baked some brownies to take. I made an effort to sit at different tables to chat with members, a few of whom I hadn't seen in awhile. We did a quick Goodwill and Aldi run before heading back home. It was a fun day.



Sunday was chores because there are always chores, right? The highlight of the day was it being warm enough to hang my sheets on the line. Not much else to say so here's a pic of my cute kittens. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment