Sunday, February 18, 2024

Week 5 - My Birthday Week

My birthday was Thursday but I celebrated for days. As it should be.

The work week started with a 4 hour zoom on the F&A project and included 2 afternoons of training and a mess with monthly reports but ended with a water main break that meant I got to work from home on Friday instead of driving in. On the sole day I did go in (Wednesday, when everyone goes in), I maximized my birthday celebrations.

Cindy bought me a mocha at Starbuck's then I had lunch at Tico's with Anne and Rene. I had gloppy nachos, of course. After work was supper at Helen's for stroganoff and delicious chocolate cake from scratch. I left with a quarter of the cake so had more to enjoy. On my actual birthday, Thursday, Lorri and I had burgers for lunch at Chip's in Wahoo. It being the 1st of the month, I happily knitted on my new monthly challenge socks. It was a nice birthday, so far, but there was more to come.


Saturday was my birthday Omaha run with Andrea and Lori. We met at Vidlak's for my fave chicken fried steak breakfast. With full bellies, we headed to Imagiknit for some birthday discount yarn shopping. Between that and the yarn presents, I had a big pile of yarn, including a fun advent that came in a globe that I can reuse for scraps. Nice. I picked up donuts at Winchell's on the way to Lori's for tea and knitting. After hitting Walmart on the way home, I called it a lovely day and kept on knitting. Sunday was more knitting between chores because even birthdays don't stop laundry. I finished my first challenge sock and pulled out some old socks projects to finish before the 15th - the deadline for WIPs in my Socks from Stash group on Ravelry.

Great week, right? I have such wonderful friends and they made my birthday special. But it wasn't over yet. I had one more celebration to come so had that to look forward to. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment