Monday, February 12, 2024

Week 4 - Having Some Fun

This week was all about having fun around work. And I had lots of fun.

After working the morning at home Tuesday morning, I left for Lincoln to have lunch with my cousin. I wanted to eat at her house instead of a restaurant and had suggested grilled cheese and tomato soup, which she made. Delish and it's always fun to hang with Helen. From there I went to the foot doctor for the last time. Done with that! Now for the swelling to go down. I had arranged to stop at Rene's to pick something up and when she offered to make tea, I said yes and put in 2 hours of vacation time. We then called Anne and she came over, which saved me a trip to her house later. We had a lovely afternoon. It was a taste of what retirement will be. I hope.

Wednesday was a campus day, which I made the most of. Lana, Cindy and I went to Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks lunch, which was delish. After working all afternoon, I left a bit early to meet Dodie at Costco. I needed a couple of things but the attraction was pizza and ice cream dinner, which is a bit of a tradition for us. We would have stayed longer but a 2 year old was pitching a fit at the next table so we got outa Dodge.

I worked from home the rest of the week and got a long overdue haircut Thursday morning. I put a pot roast on and had book club that night. I did have a snafu on my meds. With my meds still stuck in the mail, I had to have my doctor call in a 7 day prescription for 2 of my meds. Of course my new insurance denied to cover them because they'd just filled the ones stuck in the mail. They wanted $22 for 14 pills of old school meds - nothing new and fancy. Highway robbery but what choice did I have?

Friday was uneventful and it was time for the weekend. I had no plans outside of the house and my big plan was to go through the upstairs freezer and defrost the downstairs freezer. I got the upstairs freezer done but when the sun finally came out after lunch on Saturday after 10 days of gloom, I couldn't face being downstairs in the dark so instead I repotted some plants in the sun in my front room. It was lovely. 

I neatized Sunday morning in case Lorri stopped after church (she didn't) so the house was a bit cleaner than usual. The plan was still defrosting and I had borrowed a single burner from Rene so I could boil water for the basement freezer defrost and not have to go up and down the stairs. With the sun shining, I still couldn't face the basement so boiled the water upstairs and went up and down the stairs for a couple of hours. The freezer was done and that felt great. Meanwhile, I sat in the sun in the front room and read while drinking tea. I'd call that a nice Sunday afternoon. I finished the day finishing a pair of socks from early 2023 and watching PBS.

So all in all, it was a good week. Work was uneventful, I was done with the foot doc and I was productive at home. Add the fun, which I'll continue to include everywhere I can. Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment