Sunday, August 27, 2023

Week 28 - A Quiet Week


It was a very quiet week, which worked for me. Lots of same old same old but with kittens. : )

Knitting was cancelled on Monday night because most everyone was busy. I wasn't too bothered because I had a library board meeting so would be there Tuesday night. With swimming on Wednesday and Thursday, that was plenty of evening stuff.

I had lunch with Cindy Harris from the Law College on Wednesday. The invite was meant for Cindy Miesbach but when Cindy Harris accepted, I went with it. We had done water aerobics together for years so it was good to catch up at YiaYia's over pizza. Thursday was my 2nd campus day so I made the most of it and thrifted with Cindy at lunch and then we got ice cream at the dairy store on East Campus. I reluctantly swam, guilted into it by Anne. At least the next day was Friday.

We had a big rain storm first thing Friday and I got some water in my basement but it was otherwise uneventful and the weekend was here. We had Christmas in July for spinning so I wrapped a pair of socks and made spam buns, inspired by some foot long hotdog rolls I got at The Warehouse, and Andrea and I headed to Fremont. Our lunch was fun and then we hit the Estate Dispersal Store (bought nothing) then Goodwill and Aldi. 

The highlight of the week was Anne coming up on Sunday for kitten play time. She had fun taking pics of the cuties. Becky had sent a Chewy package with the litter I needed but included some new toys too. I've included a video of them playing with the 3 tier green ball toy. If the kittens were awake, the sounds was constant.

So an easy and quiet week with the calm before the fiscal year end storm at work and lots of fun with the kittens. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment