Sunday, August 27, 2023

Week 29 - Happy with Socializing

This week had some social events that I was more than ready for after the previous week being so quiet. 

We had rain on Monday morning and then again on Tuesday. Having been in extreme drought for so long, it feels special every time it rains. And 2 days in a row! Such excitement.

We had knitting on Monday night and I worked on socks, as usual. I was slamming on my colorwork hat so I could get it prepped to enter in the county fair but I have to concentrate so that isn't for social knitting. This hat is gorgeous, if I do say myself, and I was hoping it might get best of county, which I've never won. I spent evenings working the charts and finally got it done on the weekend.

As usual, I worked on campus on Wednesday and swam afterwards. I took Dodie for a late birthday lunch at Green Gateau, which was delish. I didn't swim on Thursday because I had book club and then I was done for the week.

I had one use or lose vacation day to use so had scheduled an Omaha day with my cousin Helen. She was having work done on her car so I met her at the shop and then we went out for breakfast at our new favorite place. From there we went yarn shopping at Imagiknit, which is always fun (I bought sock yarn, of course) then we did some thrifting. We went to New Life Thrift, which is way east in Omaha and used to be one of my favorite thrift shops. We didn't get much at all but it was fun. After I dropped Helen back at the repair shop, I was tired but forced myself to hit Aldi and get gas on my way out of town. I dug in on my hat when I got home and finished it Saturday morning. I blocked it twice to get the brim to stop rolling but was very pleased with the finished product.


Sunday was the long awaited Oppenheimer. We had tickets for early afternoon and were going to swim beforehand. It was hot swimming at noon and I got quite a bit of sun. From there we ate lunch on a bench on campus and then went to the movie. We'd sprung for the ultra theatre and it was great. The sound system was like old Dolby so you could feel the sound in your chest. Love that! It was a good movie and I went food shopping at HyVee, getting all the things Aldi doesn't carry, on the way home. I settled in for a night of PBS and called the week done.

So it was good week with some cousin fun and a good movie. I finished my hat and it was ready for the fair (drop off is Monday night). Fiscal year end closing meetings would start next week so it was good to end on a high note. All good.


No comments:

Post a Comment