Sunday, July 16, 2023

Week 27 - Zero Productivity Days

With it being the last month where I'd be at max vacation, I took Monday off so started off with day 3 of a 4 day weekend. Nice.

I had plans with Anne and Rene on Monday, starting with using guest passes to do water aerobics at Rene's gym then eating lunch at Rene's before going to Asteroid City. But when Anne had to make an emergency vet appointment, it all fell through except the movie, which we'd already bought tickets for. That was fine by me. I went downstairs and finished the last squares for my crumb quilt. Now all I have to do it sew them together and get them to the quilter. Asteroid City was a typical Wes Anderson movie so quirky and fun but Anne wasn't impressed. I hit Aldi before heading home for an evening of crazy fireworks all over the neighborhood. Just one more day before that's done. Can't wait.

Luckily, I slept late on Tuesday and had a nice, relaxing day. Andrea stopped by but it was otherwise quiet. Evening storms had nixed fireworks all over eastern Nebraska (worked for me) but when the skies cleared at 10:00, they started up in the neighborhood again. My new neighbors across the street must have spent hundreds. Such a waste but don't get me going on that.



On that cat front, despite Tot standing guard beside the barricades, the kittens had figured out how to get around them (chair to printer to desk and around the screens) so I'd taken them down and they had free range of the house. I was a bit worried about that when I went to work on Wednesday and since it was cold and cloudy so not condusive to swimming, I skipped lunch and left work early. They had done fine and other than knocking over a plant, it wasn't bad. Pixel and Tot were still pretty put out but I also noticed them reclaiming some of the places Gansey had made her own. Gansey was a bully to them so they may not be missing her at all. Still, I spent Wednesday night listening to an audio book on my bed and loving on them. Trying to make up for the kittens with some quality time.

The rest of the week was uneventful. I count vacation days as campus days (my own idea that my boss didn't balk at) so I worked from home Thursday and Friday. I was perfectly busy at work, puttered outside at lunch picking up branches that came down in the storm and cooked some taco meat for the freezer and yummy dinner. Friday was taken up with a new report so went quickly plus it was raining again (how long will it take of normal rainfall before it stops feeling special?) so I enjoyed a full pot of tea that afternoon. Then with Hoopla finally fixed, I watched The Detectorists movie. If you've never seen that show, it's one of my absolute all time faves.

It was another quiet weekend, which I could get used to. I did do chores, a bit of yard work and took a load to the burn pile but otherwise, you guessed it, it was more streaming, knitting and playing with kittens. They have 2 speeds - full on and full off. The full on are getting longer and crazier and they're growing fast.

So the kittens were doing their job of distracting me and it's been 3 weeks so I can think about Gansey without tearing up. Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment