Saturday, July 1, 2023

Week 24 - New Normal Week

I'm settling into my new summer routine and this week was perfectly normal.

On the work front, with Ben now in charge of Payroll and flying blind, I'm pitching in to work on all kinds things to help him out. That works for me because I like being busy with new projects. Working on campus on the days I can swim after work - Wednesday and Thursday - is getting easier despite the long days. I try for a mix of socializing and errands/thrifting over the other lunch hour and finding something fun to kill the hour between work and swimming. I end the week working from home again on Friday. It's beginning to feel normal.


I had lunch with Dodie on Wednesday then met Darla at the Vine Street Goodwill after work, where I scored a bunch of good quality yarn. Get a load of this score! Swimming on Wednesday is fun because the sisters who teach the class are a total hoot. I drive home in my wet suit then shower and have cereal for dinner. On Thursday, I ran to Trader Joe's at lunch and scored some thrifted acrylic yarn for Dottie. I was early to the pool but there are worse things.

Saturday was spinning in Fremont, where I knitted socks while everyone else had a drop spindle lesson. Andrea and I did our normal Fremont run, ending at Aldi. I did a big yarn sort when I got home, finding some that needed stashing online and putting some into a box to ship to Dottie. All good.

My goal for Sunday was to get the craft room ready for quilting. I had started making crumb quilt squares the first summer of lockdown and was fairly obsessed, making squares at lunch and again after work. I did it again in summer 2021 but didn't make a single square last year so wanted to get back into it since I almost have enough for a queen size quilt. It didn't take long to get my table, ironing board and sewing machine cleared and ready. Once the summer heat and humidity settles in, I'll start quilting again. 

So I'm ready for the summer heat and am looking forward to a few normal weeks before fiscal year end at the end of July. Who knows what work will be like then so being recharged and into a routine will help. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment