Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Week 23 - Back to Swimming

It was a good week with productivity, lots of exercise and a fun weekend.

My new AC was installed on Monday, which was a big relief. I wouldn't have to worry about running out of freon and would be nice and cool all summer. Andrea and I decided to cancel knitting since it would just be the 2 of us so I got on my recumbant bike, newly delivered by Andrea and Mike, and biked for 25 minutes before settling down for the evening. Nice start to the week.

I biked again on Tuesday while I watched the news. This could become a new routine. I was on campus on Wednesday and it was the first water aerobics of the summer. It was a pool I'd never been to and twin sisters of a certain age who were a total hoot as teachers. It was pretty cool in the pool between the cold water and the sun going behind clouds but I loved it anyway. 

Thursday was another campus day. After a long overdue lunch with Tammie at Honest Abe's (fabulous burgers and tots) and a tour of her new building on at lunch, it was back to Irvingdale pool for another round of water aerobics after work. Same teacher as last year and I got to chat with Mark while we worked out. Exercising 4 days in a row! Can I keep it up?

I started Friday at the Lutheran church's garage sale before work, which I try to go to whenever they have it and always find fun stuff. I worked the morning but since I'm still at max with vacation, I took the afternoon off and started with lunch at the Mexican restaurant with Helen. They had a fresh pineapple marguerita on the specials board, which I ordered. The waiter, who spoke broken English, asked me if I wanted fresh but couldn't tell me what the alternative was so I went for it. Well, this is what he delivered, which was leaking and a bit of a mess. It was also a smaller serving than if I'd had it in a glass. We had a fun time chatting over lunch but when I got the check and saw that the drink was $17, I almost fell over. Crazy! Lesson learned.

I had only been home 5 minutes when Andrea called. We were doing a Fremont run and were getting pedicures. The last one I had was summer 2019 in Rhode Island and I was looking forward to it. Andrea had scoped out a new place and they did a great job. My toes are totally cute. We did all our regular stops too, ending at Aldi.

I love starting my weekend with all my errands done on Friday. I had a nice weekend ahead, starting with chatting with Dee and Carolyn then I made a big to do list and got started. I planted the last of the flowers I'd started from seed in my old wheelbarrow, which I plan to move to the front over the stump of the dwarf Alberta spruce I had cut down last fall. I got a good start on my chores and went to bed hoping for some rain, which had been forecast to start in the afternoon but we'd gotten none before bedtime.

Happily, I woke up to rain and we'd gotten almost an inch overnight. That loosened up the soil and I spent Sunday afternoon weeding the front beds (mostly pulling sunflowers) and then took everything to the burn pile.

Such a good week. I hope this is the beginning of a fun summer and that I can keep up with the exercise and productivity. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment