Sunday, April 30, 2023

Week 17 - Feeling More Normal

It was a much better week. My back was still sore but I had more energy and was not only able to work full-time but was able to do things besides work too. Yay!

Monday was a good day. I made pineapple upside down cake at lunch to take to knitting and then Lacey came that afternoon with gorgeous plants, chocolate galore and a nice card from everyone at work. I really do work with the best people. I had arranged a ride with Nan and it was just us and Heidi but it felt nice to be back at Monday Night Knitting.

I was back to normal at work and was getting caught up again, including rescheduling the training I'd cancelled and adding another for all the other waitlist people. Besides work, I was busy setting up errands and socializing. Lorri was getting me milk at CostCo and dropped it on Tuesday. Andrea picked up some meds at the pharmacy and brought my grab & go lunch on Wednesday, when she was at Mocha C's with Elizabeth for her weekly coffee date. I had the nerve to ask for Friday off as a vacation day because I was going to lose hours if I didn't take some. Ben said it was fine so I made arrangements for a day in Omaha with Helen. I also set up the next Friday afternoon (more vacation time) to go plant shopping in Lincoln with Lorri. Clearly feeling perkier. : )

Helen picked me up at 8:30 on Friday, which was a lovely rainy day. First stop was Vidlak's Cafe, which Helen hadn't been to before. They make the best chicken fried steak I've ever had so I had a hearty breakfast and then the tooling around began. Helen was worried that I'd want to get back home but after being cooped up so long, I was ready to go. We went to Imagiknit for yarn for Helen to make baby things for co-workers' upcoming babies and yes, I bought sock yarn but just one skein and a mini. From there we hit Michaels, Trader Joe's, Le Quartier for pastries then Aldi. Helen dropped me home at 3:00 so I made a cup of tea to enjoy with my pain au raisin and then unpacked all the groceries. It felt great to have my fridge stocked again. I was counting the hours until bedtime again though. My back is still sore so bed is still more comfortable than sitting. 

I got up Saturday and made a list. It was time to catch up on chores and some gardening too. It all waited while I spent the morning knitting and chatting with Carolyn and Connie. Then I went outside and did some light weeding and prepped one of my veg beds for early veggies. I pulled hoses out of the garage and got one set up in the front but I coudn't find my splitter so the back would wait.

Cindy had said she would come up on Sunday and called to say she'd bring late lunch. I made 2 pies - lemon sponge for Cindy and strawberry/rhubarb for knitting - and finished up my chores before she came. She brought quiche Lorraine from Le Quartier and another pain au raisin. After lunch and chatting, she helped me hook up the 2nd hose and unloaded catfood and birdseed before leaving. I had hoped to plant my early veg in my newly prepped bed but with 40 mph wind, it was miserable to be outside so I happily puttered the rest of the afternoon away and enjoyed Sunday night PBS - a nice end to the week. Always.

My back is still sore and I'm taking 800mg doses of ibuprofen to keep that at bay but hope to start taking less next week. I've made my peace with the brace and am hoping it won't bug me when the weather warms up. The not driving is getting old but I'm coping. It's all good. I hope you're all enjoying spring weather like has finally arrived in Nebraska. 3.5 weeks to go until my unmasking. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment