Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Week 12 - The Last Snow?

The week started off with gorgeous spring weather - 62 and sunny. After weeks of gloom and chill, it was a treat. Otherwise, the week brought space data drama, yarny fun and snow. Yes, 4" of snow on Sunday morning. What!

Our space survey prep was not going well. We were more than doing our part but the consultant was falling down at every turn. Lacey went bad ass on them on Tuesday morning, which was impressive. I spent time every single day working on testing. We still didn't have a working space survey by the end of the day Friday. Lame!

My goal for Wednesday was to have a huge box of yarn ready to ship to my sister. She had requested cotton yarn so I went downstairs to pull the huge lot of cotton upstairs and spent all Tuesday evening untangling and sorting the skeins. And I mean from 5:00-10:30 with only a brief break for supper. When I finished at 10:30, I pulled a huge Chewy box from the front room, filled that up with acrylic and topped it off with some cotton yarn. I taped it shut, took a shower and went to bed.

I got up early Wednesday so I could bake the blondies I'd failed to do the night before and print a UPS shipping label for the box before I got ready for my day on campus. I fed cats, dropped the package at the UPS Store and was at my desk shortly after 8:00. In addition to the blondies I'd made, one of the accountants had brought cheesecake for Ben's birthday, which wasn't on our radar so not sure why it was on hers. Anyway, the treats were delish so I offered to drop some off at Brook's while I was out and about over lunch. I left at noon but bumped into our new vice chancellor and a VP from ITS on the sidewalk so we chatted in the sun and I didn't even get to my car until 12:30. I stopped at Brook's and chatted there for a bit then went to Nora's since she lives only a few blocks away. I was there for awhile too then had to drop things at Anne's. I got a teams message from Lacey to stop at her office so didn't get back to my desk until 3:00. I called it team building and settled in for the last 2 hours.

Rene and I were going to Anne's for supper, a fire, Survivor and to see some of Anne's Africa pics. I was providing dinner (the cabbage casserole I'd made on Sunday) and Rene was bringing dessert to go with the corn muffins Anne made. We had a nice time catching up but didn't see any pics because Anne had 3,000 and needed to get them organized and select a subset to show people. It was a long day but fun and I got a lot done. 

Next on the agenda was planning for Saturday. It was Fiberpalooza in Winterset, Iowa and I really wanted to go but had complicated it by suggesting we go for Anne and Lori's birthdays, which we had yet to celebrate. Unfortunately Lori had an obligation at 3:30 so couldn't go to Iowa and we still hadn't hear back from Andrea as of Friday evening. She finally called and we solidified our Saturday plans.

I picked Andrea up at 10:30 and we met Lori at Imagiknit, the best yarn shop in Omaha, at 11:00. They both had birthday discounts to use and are you sitting down? I fondled sock yarn but bought nothing! From there we drove to downtown Omaha to Block 16. I had been seeing it on Facebook and it looked amazing. It was. We had to wait 20 minutes to order but the food came quickly and we were enjoying our food 10 minutes later - duck confit and cheese curds on top of fries with a fruit drizzle and brown gravy along with a bacon and brie grilled cheese. Best food I've had in this country in years. I will definitely go back. After we dropped Lori back at the yarn shop, Andrea and I hit Aldi and headed home. It was a fun day but the disappointment of missing Fiberpalooza was still there. I will absolutely be going next year. No ifs, and or buts.

When I got home, I decided to see if there were still tickets available for Book of Mormon as a consolation prize. There were nosebleed seat for $56 and Rene was in so I bought them for the 7:00 show on Sunday night. Yay!


I woke up to 4" of snow on Sunday morning, which was 3.5" more than forecast. I didn't want it to get packed down so got dressed and shoveled as soon as CBS Sunday Morning was over. I'm glad I did because my friend stopped after church and by then my driveway was dry. I did my chores right after lunch and left for Lincoln at 6:00. The play was wonderful and I was home by 10:15. I couldn't fall asleep right away but since Monday was a working from home day, I knew I'd be fine.

Another good week, right? I checked a few things off my list and had lots of fun. The snow was mostly gone by the end of the day Sunday and hopefully will be the last we see this year. I'm so ready for warmer weather and being able to work outside. I just hope we don't skip the spring temps and charge right into heat. I also hope the drought is over and we have normal rains this year. Send vibes for a nice spring please.

No comments:

Post a Comment