Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Week 11 - Vinegar and Hamburger

It was another quiet week where the highlights were soaking things in vinegar and cooking. Seriously, that's it.

The week started with running Foundation reports. I do love a day where I'm busy all day and have lots to show for it, in this case emails with reports attached, at the end of the day. I also got to catch up with Cindy, who has been mostly out for weeks dealing with family things. I made a quiche for supper on Tuesday purely because I wanted some pie crust to make an individual berry pie for Pi Day. I usually make pie to share but wouldn't be seeing anyone and just couldn't skip it. My pie was cute and delicious.

I ran errands on Wednesday at lunch, including dropping some tetrazzini at Anne's for her to have when she gets back home on Saturday from her 2 weeks of safari in Africa. I tried to get my shingles booster at CVS after work but they wanted $200+, explaining that my CVS Caremark prescription insurance doesn't cover vaccinations at CVS. Go figure.

We had rain that turned to snow on Thursday and that's the day I got out the vinegar to clean the coffee pot and soak the sink sprayer, shower head and laundry room faucet. It's always lovely taking that first shower when the water isn't coming out so strong that it feels like it could cut you. Yes, that's how exciting this week was - vinegar soaking made the blog. Sheesh!

The weekend was another one at home. No complaints from me. On Saturday, I skipped spinning (with a program I had zero interest in, I couldn't muster the energy to get dressed, never mind get to Fremont) and enjoyed a day of catching up on TV and YouTube knitting podcasts while knitting away. I finished my sister's birthday socks so could sent them out early in hopes that she could wear them before it got too hot in Charleston. There were several video chats as Anne made her way home and had wifi in airports. When she got to Newark on Friday, we had a long chat that night. She'd be home on Saturday night.

Sunday was another relaxing day and I spent a chunk of it cooking with hamburger. I'd bought a 3 pound chub of frozen hamburger, which meant I had to use it all when I thawed it. I made cabbage casserole and concocted an Italian meatloaf (or flat meatball?) on top of a cabbage steak and topped with cottage cheese mixed with tomato paste and a layer of pepperoni. It was quite tasty and used a few things up that I had in the fridge.

So nothing exciting to report for this week. Yet another late winter Nebraska week when it's too cold to work outside despite the extra light. And speaking of the time change, you can reset a clock but not a cat. Even the coffee brewing didn't lead them to wake me up so after sleeping too late on Monday, I started asking Alexa to wake me up. At least it's to 80's music, which is always fun. TTYL.




No comments:

Post a Comment