Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Week 10 - Longing for Spring

It was an uneventful week except for a wee bit of exploration with Rene again. The other analyst on my team has surgery scheduled in mid-March so I have to front load my time off so I'd be working while he's out. This week's exploration was only Fremont though, which is a regular stop for me but Rene had never been.

The work week was nothing special - more space data (all problems) and working on files for Payroll but otherwise same old same old. I did find some yarn while thrifting at lunch on Wednesday so had fun sorting that after work. By Thursday I was cleaning my house - putting stuff away whenever I got up from my desk, washing the kitchen floor over lunch and cleaning the bathroom after work. This was all because Rene would be coming to my house on our way to Fremont so I needed to do my weekend chores before noon on Friday.

Rene arrived at 12:30 on Friday and after a potty break in my newly clean bathroom, we headed north. We started at the Habitat Restore then hit Main Street. We had fun filling a bag with scraps at the quilt store and shopped our way up and down the street. The big event was when Rene found the perfect vintage highchair at the Estate Dispersal Store. She was thrilled and after Aldi, we went to Todd's in Cedar Bluffs for beer, burgers and tots. So my normal Fremont run but with Rene instead of Andrea, who was out of town anyway so I didn't feel like I was cheating. : )

With all my chores done, I was all set for a relaxing weekend. I did some laundry and cooking (tetrazzini - yum!), watched Wild Bill on Britbox and chatted with friends on and off, including another video chat with Anne from Africa, between knitting. I finished my monthly challenge socks, which were made from scraps using one of my favorite patterns. Aren't ehy run?

So that's my idea of a great weekend, especially in late winter when Nebraska is drab and chilly. The clocks springing forward so early now doesn't help because I want to be outside because it's light so long after work but it's still too cold to do any gardening. Spring will arrive eventually but there's been no sign of yet so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment