Sunday, January 22, 2023

Week 1 - Brand New Year

Monday was the last day of break and I'd had a lovely one but there were a couple of things on my list yet to do. I started with a lovely chat with Cornelia, did my normal Sunday chores and then at the very end of the day, I made a batch of peach jam. With those last 2 things done, my break was over. 

It's always nice that my first work day of the new year is filled with monthly reports, which take most of the day and are a nice way to ease back into work., 

Wednesday was a campus day and I started it by dropping off a box of yarn I'd sold (51 lots that filled a huge Chewy box) at the UPS store that's below the garage I parked in because I had to leave for a podiatrist appointment about my hammer toe. Not only was that a total waste of time (he doesn't do hammer toe surgery, which would have been nice to know when I scheduled the appointment) but he was creepy as all get out. He'd been recommended by a friend but I was immediately creeped out by him and when he put my shoes and socks on at the end of the exam, despite my saying I could do it myself, the creep factor sky rocketed. Never going to him again. Ick!

Thursday was a busy day with finally some sunshine and my last grab and go lunch for awhile then I went to lunch with my cousin on Friday and like that the four day work week was done.

I had no weekend plans but was starting a rotation - the diet I lost all the weigh with 5 years ago (and have since gained back) - on Sunday so ate some treats on Saturday. I got BK for lunch, took my tree down that afternoon and went to DQ for a sundae that evening. After those treats, I was ready to buckle down with a 600 calorie day on Sunday. I kept busy knitting Cindy's birthday mittens and repotting the amaryllis that I brought up from the laundry room in addition to prepping some healthy food to stay on track on my diet.


So not a bad first week of the year. Back to work, sold some yarn, had lunch with my cousin and made some fun mittens. I'm hopeful that I can drop some pandemic pounds to start the year and find more joy in my knitting and everything else. I hope 2023 brings joy for you too.



No comments:

Post a Comment