Tuesday, January 10, 2023

2023 - Just One Word

I was already to pick a word for 2023 that was all about productivity and getting things done, especially because this will be the last full year I work before retiring in 2024. But then I read a Facebook post by one of my old water aerobics buddies that made me think. Here's what she posted - "Please tell me any *fun* new year’s resolutions you’re setting. Nothing related to productivity, accountability, or self-improvement, just ones that will bring more joy. I need ideas!"

Perfect, right? I'm always making to do lists and give myself points for crossing things off but then there's another list and more things to do. It's constant and while it does tend to keep me accountable, is that what I want to focus on this year??? Nope. So with Jackie's post steering me a different direction, I've decided that my word for 2023 should be:


Are you with me? Can't we all use a little more joy in 2023? I'll be looking for joy in everything I do. Even crossing things of endless to do lists. : )

P.S. I found this Joy graphic here.


No comments:

Post a Comment