Sunday, October 23, 2022

Week 42 - Fun in Fremont

This was supposed to be an off week without commitments but you know me - when something fun comes up, it's hard to say no. But the work week was pretty quiet and I made more progress in the house before my busy weekend.

Like I said, it was a quiet week. Work was extra quiet when we arrived to find that none of the accountants were in, having come in Monday instead. I had lunch at one of the dorms with Jennifer, who used to work in Accounting before they were sucked up by Central Administration and moved across campus. I got some yarn that I'd ordered awhile ago from the UK - gorgeous! The weather was crazy - back in the 80's and so windy once the fall temps came back that I had to hang my laundry in the basement for fear that it'd blow off the line. Sheesh!

My going through stuff mojo was still strong so I spent several evenings in the kitchen annd back room. I cleared off the chest under the side windows, inventoried the freezer (I'd done the basement freezer a few weeks ago but not upstairs) and made a dent in the crap that always collects on the bar. Not bad. Just a bit more to go through to finish the back room.

Saturday was the first ever Gallery Walk in downtown Fremont and Heidi, Andrea and I were going. Heidi was heading to Omaha afterwards so met us at the Restore, where Andrea bought a mid-century modern record/hifi cabinet and I found a few goodies. Then we headed to Main Street. There was a map of all the locations with art, some of which was paintings and such but some was musicians, and if you got 10 stamps on your map, you got a free drink. We had fun shopping all the stores, where I got some fabric scraps for my crumb quilt and quite a few stocking stuffers. Nice. We ate snacky things along the way - cookies, mini muffins, popcorn and such - but ended the day with a free beer at a brewery. We'd bumped into Nan and her husband so they joined us outside for beer in the sun. After a trip to Aldi, we headed home. I was starving and had nothing ready so ordered BK from the car for supper. 

I was up in the wee hours unable to sleep and with most of my chores already done, I was ready to veg on Sunday but that was not to be. We were having a killing frost overnight so I had to deal with my plants. I overwinter geraniums and lantana each year so had some decisions to make. I spent all afternoon setting up shelves, repotting plants and picking the last of my garden produce. I was also saving some geraniums from planters at the library so drove there to dig those up. I was exhausted by the end of the day but my plants were all safe inside and ready for winter.

I'm ready to hunker down myself. The weather has been all over the place lately but I have high hopes for a nice fall and some time at home. I only have one more event in October and then can be home for the long haul. Sounds great to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment