Sunday, October 2, 2022

Week 38 - Hot and Cranky

The title says it all. The weather was blazing hot and I had to put the AC back on in September! Nope. Add that to finding out the Chancellor had nixed shutting our building down for the HVAC redo and I was super cranky.

There were a few bright spots though. I still don't like going in on Wednesdays but the only benefit is seeing people, which I did in spades. I had a lovely lunch with Dodie at the new bagel shop by campus and then met Darla at Goodwill after work. I didn't find any yarn but chatting our way through the store was fun. After a stop at Aldi, I went home for the new season of Handmaid's Tale. But the best thing was it was going to be cooler overnight so I was able to open the windows before bed.

I was working on the new course fee process at work and after having to reverse the first load, I got it done on Friday morning. I celebrated with a thrift run to the Senior Center Thrift Store over lunch, where I scored a bunch of vintage fabric and linens. I continued celebrating with wine and chips at 5:00 then watched the first episode of the new season of The Great British Baking Show, which is one of my favorite shows. The weather may not be cooperating but at least the new fall TV is starting. Shetland started this week too.

There was a slight chance of rain in the forecast for the wee hours Saturday but I woke up at 3:00 a.m. to pouring rain and it was almost 1/2" by the time it ended. We need every drop we can get. Saturday was spinning at Danielle's and she was serving us lunch. It was a fun time and Andrea needed something in Fremont so we drove there for Goodwill, Aldi and Staples. I found a new laptop to replace my ancient Windows 8 one. They didn't have it in stock but gave me the info to order. The icing on the cake was going to Todd's in Cedar Bluffs to split a burger for dinner. Of course there was Vanilla Bean Blonde beer to go with it and tots. Yum!

My plan for Sunday was to reclaim my front room but before that, I headed to St. John's in Weston for a to go chicken/ham dinner. I'd never been to St. John's but as is typical with church dinners, there was enough for several meals. The front room wasn't in horrible shape and I got it all put right after lunch. It felt good to have it done and then I divvied up all the food and put the chicken bones in the crockpot to make some stock. You've got to love the fall church dinners in Nebraska.


So the week wasn't a total loss but the hot weather seems unending and there's some even hotter weather coming next week. Cooler weather has to get here eventually, right? Here's a picture of my front room, all shiny and bright. At least there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment