Sunday, April 17, 2022

Week 14 - Mid Century Fun

It was a fun week full of mid century loveliness plus some productivity and socializing. 

So I'd passed on the fun glass fronted case in Beatrice the past Saturday and was fine with that decision until Tuesday. I got an email from Changing Spaces: Senior Relocation Services with their weekly auction. I saw a picture that spoke to me and instantly knew I had to have it. It was a seragraph print by David Weidman. Never heard of him but googled and learned lots, which also worried me that it would be too expensive. I placed a bid immediately and upped it twice over the next 2 days. I had 2 different people bidding against me and Cindy and I zoomed to watch the last minutes. I won! I couldn't have been happier. And with the new print in mind, I'd called the antique shop in Beatrice and they were holding the bookcase for me. I had a plan for a mid century corner in my back room.

All this meant I was headed to Lincoln to pick up the painting then drive back to Beatrice to get the bookcase. But if I was heading to Lincoln on a weekend, I was going to do as much as I could so I started with breakfast with Darla. When I picked up the print, I was so happy that they took my picture. After stopping at Trader Joe's for the high fiber cereal I'd forgotten the week before, I hit the highway to Beatrice. I wanted to get home early so minimized my stops and was back home before 1:00. After a quick lunch, I hung my print and started moving furniture. Finding yarn for inside the cabinet was easy but I tried many, many groups of things on top looking for the perfect grouping. What do you think? I LOVE it.

Other than my mid century fun, I met with my retirement guy at Fidelity (zoom, of course) and got all set up for 2021 and 2022 Roth contributions and confirmed that I'm on track for my earlier retirement plans. Yay! Helen also came by for lunch on Friday, which is always fun. And I ended the week by clearing off my deck of all the winter detritus, which included taking down my deck Christmas tree. I'll miss waking up to the lights in the dark morning but it was time.

So it was a fabulous week full of new things, crossing a few things off my list and starting to work outside. I'm excited for spring. And I started rotating and was already down 5 pounds by the end of the week. All good!

No comments:

Post a Comment