Sunday, January 2, 2022

2022 - Just One Word

Well, yet another year where the previous word didn't quite work out. Last year's word was reclaim because I had hoped to reclaim normalcy after the vaccine came out. Not so much. With so many people unwilling to trust science and get vaccinated, Covid has just kept chugging along. I got my shot in April after talking myself into UNL's vaccination program and managed to do some reclaiming in the yard but it was all rushed because of my knee replacement in May. So while everyone who got the shot was breathing a sigh of relief and getting out and about, I was home with my knee up and going to PT constantly. After fiscal year end, I did manage a trip to RI for another fabulous week at the beach with John but Delta hit just as I was coming home. I managed some more yard work in the fall and went on a cruise over Thanksgiving, only to hear about Omicron on our last day onboard, which nixed my Christmas trip. So while I did manage some hints of normal, Covid overshadowed the entire year. I'm still waiting to reclaim some normal.

With another year of a mostly failed word, I've decided to go for something less tangible but desperately needed. My word for 2022 is:

Peace

Why peace you ask? Because I have spent way too much time and energy in the past year worrying and stressing about my unvaccinated friends and family. There is nothing I can say to convince them of the error of their ways and so I need to work on letting things go and not wasting energy on what I can't change. So in 2022, I will be exploring ways to cope in hopes for a more peaceful year ahead. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment