Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week 35 - Fighting the Pissiness

So, it was no fun being back to reality and with every passing day, I was getting more and more frustrated with the whole Covid mess. I had long ago given up on trying to speak reason to the anti-vax people in my life but as the delta variant ramped up more each day, I was getting pissy. My go to mood was now pissy and I had zero patience with anything - not just Covid - and had to fight it at every turn. Not good.

I did have a couple of bright spots in the week. I had to go to campus because I needed 2 screens to test a new reporting program so drove in over lunch on Wednesday, stopping at Panera to get my favorite salad. After I tested the system, I met with Sheila, one of the accountants, in person. That was novel. Then I went to the movies with Tammie. We had to wear masks and the theatre was only 1/3 full but it felt pretty normal. It was nice to see Tammie again too.

On another positive note, a huge box of sock yarn arrived in the mail. I'd found a posting for 7 pounds of sock yarn on Facebook Marketplace for only $30 but it was pick up only in St. Louis. I had posted on my monster sock group in case anyone was near there but a week later, it was still for sale. I asked the seller if she'd be willing to ship if I paid and she said yes so I paid $65 for the lot including shipping. There were lots of almost full balls and leftover bits too. I kept about 1/3 for myself and shared the rest with my knitting group. How fun is that! And such a deal. Not that I need more sock yarn, I know. At least I shared and I'll take all the joy I can get these days.

I learned a new British term that perfectly described my weekend - faffing about. I spent the weekend puttering around doing this and that. There was some cooking with squash from my garden, streaming, knitting... the usual for another blazing hot summer weekend, which I'm SO over. Fall cannot get here soon enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment