Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week 34 - Back to Work

Back to work. At least fiscal year end mania was over but my beach week had gone way too fast.

After catching up on Monday, I had scheduled a spit test on campus at 5:00 on Tuesday because everyone had to have a re-entry test in order to go back on campus. I needed to food shop anyway so going to Lincoln worked. I scheduled the test at the spit hut by Darla's office so met her and we hit Goodwill (found nothing) before I headed to the market. It's always good to see Darla.

The rest of the week was the same old working from home routine, with a zoom training class (I taught it) and a big zoom meeting about testing a new system. It was still hotter than blazes so I found myself downstairs quilting again. When I looked back, I'd started my crumb quilt exactly a year ago after getting through fiscal year end and coming back from the beach. So apparently that's my quilting time. I was pretty obsessed and would quilt at lunch and then again after work. By the end of the week, I had made more than I had all last year.

Saturday was spinning in Fremont and we did some dyeing, which was fun. I did manage to slip and knock someone's jar off the table which made a total mess. Oh well. I went to Nan's after spinning and we chatted over Crabby's, which I'd picked up on the way. Then I hit Goodwill and Aldi before heading home.

Sunday was chore day - I really was back to the normal grind. At this point, I was counting down to fall and pretty desperate for cooler weather. And until it arrives, I'd be quilting in the basement. At least there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment