Sunday, June 13, 2021

Week 22 - Healing at Home

Don't expect much detail this week because I was home and taking ALL THE DRUGS. There was streaming, knitting, chatting with my sister, who was crocheting like the wind (here's the 20+ year old half finishing afghan that she finished while she was here) and eating all the food she brought to me. And the PT. Must not forget the PT. And icing. Lots of icing.

So that was the first half of the week. My friend Heidi was taking my sister to the airport on Thursday and after that, I was on my own. Friends and neighbors started driving me to PT on Friday and were on board for the following week. All good.

Helen stopped by Friday afternoon to drop off spaghetti and rhubarb crisp, which she'd picked in my yard when she'd come for lunch one day (Wednesday? Can't remember - drugs again.) The food was delicious and I ate it for days.

Then on Saturday, Cindy came. I had bought all the ingredients for lasagna before my surgery so she made lasagna while I saw in the dining room chatting with her. She also did laundry and hung it out, swept my back room and hung out with me. It was fun to see her in person (I see her on zoom every weekday). And she was the hero of the day when the kid who mows showed up right as she was leaving. She took the clothes down and had him mow under the lines then hung them right back up. What a peach.

I have no recollection of what I did on Sunday (DRUGS!) but I'm sure it was more of the same. Update: I just remembered that Anne came over Sunday afternoon. She has a strict rule of not making plan on Sundays so she can get ready for the upcoming week but since Monday was a holiday, she broke her rule. I shared Cindy's lasagna with her, which was delish.

And just to leave you with a visual, here's my horribly swollen leg all decked out in the recuperation socks that my friend Lori made me me. And the TED hose - Blech! I hate them and aren't they just such a fashion statement!



No comments:

Post a Comment