Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Week 24 - Back to Work

Well, with no one pressuring me at all, I made the decision to start back to work part-time. Total FAIL. I was absolutely exhausted every single day, even after only working a few hours. Stupid! And no one to blame but myself.

I had PT 3 times and it wasn't too bad. I was driving myself so that felt good. I even went to the grocery store afterwards one day. My goal was hotdogs after failing to find one on Memorial Day but my small town store didn't have the high end ones I like so I got lame ones and some buns and cooked them in the toaster oven. They did NOT satisfy my craving for a grilled one so I'm still on the hunt for one.

I was still doing my bike 3 times a day but the bluetooth measurer that was attached to pads that were glued to my leg was a total fail. It was supposed to measure my straightening and bending but was 30 degrees off from my measurements at PT. Then I developed a rash under the pad on my thigh so happily pulled the pads off and called the company to ask what to do. They said to move the bluetooth thing away from the bike until it didn't register. I had to not only put it in the garage but inside the car. It felt great to have those off and to add to it, I pulled off the last of the steri strips on my incision. Finally I had my leg back! It's the little things these days. And the icing on the cake was when I got on the scale for the first time since surgery (I'd been waiting for the swelling to go down) and I'd only gained 1 pound. A miracle! I hadn't been over eating but I hadn't been dieting either so was pleased. That's not such a little thing.

Saturday was World Wide Knit in Public Day, which hadn't been on my radar. But I sent an email Saturday morning and several of the Monday Night Knitters were in so we met at Mocha C's. I started with coffee and then ordered my regular order from Tuesday's grab and go - chicken salad croissant with yellow Lay's chips and a scotcheroo. It tasted even better when shared with friends. As usual, we closed Mocha C's down, actually staying past closing while they cleaned up. It's nice to be a regular.


So despite going back to work too soon, I survived the week and had some fun. There was some napping and lots of knitting. Here's a pair of fun socks that I finished this week - just because. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment