Monday, May 31, 2021

Week 19 - Checking Things Off

Connie left first thing Monday and since it was the first business day of the month, I got busy with reports. Cleaning was done so it was time to tackle the rest of my list. I was super productive all week but still made time for some fun.

Lorri invited me over for lunch on Tuesday but since I was a week away from my weigh in, I brought my own food. It was lovely to visit over lunch. Then Lori came over on Wednesday for tea in the afternoon. She'd gone to Aldi to get me cushions for my deck chairs. There's one right by her house so she was able to go early. There wouldn't have been any left by the time I could get there and there weren't when I stopped after swimming that night. So not only did I get my cushions but we had a lovely tea break on my deck. Nice.

I got a haircut - my first since my pre-Christmas crew cut - and called the kid for my first mow of the season so the rest of the week was spent in my yard. First up was containers. I plant lots of containers on my deck and driveway so got busy with those in the evenings after work. I didn't have enough plants for them all so on Friday after work, I went out and tilled (by hand), composted, planted and mulched (with grass from the mowing) two of my three empty veg beds - the squash and bean/cuke beds. That left just one bed for tomatoes that I'd plant later.

I called Lorri on Saturday to see if she wanted to go to Viaduct Gardens for some plant shopping. My favorite greenhouse closed at the end of last year so I was looking for a new one and Viaduct had been recommended several times. We went and I was able to fill all the gaps in my plant inventory. We got home early enough that I decided to power through the last containers and ended up spending the rest of the day finishing them all. I was dripping with sweat so went in for a shower and dinner. I was done working for the weekend.

Sunday was a true day of rest. I spent the day streaming, knitting and recharging. I had some sore muscles after all the work I'd done and was so happy with all I'd cross off my list that I wasn't stressed about taking a day off. And I needed it. I had another weekend yet before surgery but what was left was doable. I am so good with a deadline. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment