Sunday, March 28, 2021

Week 12 - So Much Socializing

Getting my shot last week completely turned my week around and I took full advantage of my better mood and did lots of fun, and safe, things with friends.

Better late than never, I brought pie (banana cream) to Monday night knitting. It was well received and knitting is always a fun way to start the week. Then on Wednesday, Connie and I zoomed and shared a long distance Guinness to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I had made cabbage casserole after my usual Mocha C's and cleaning up the kitchen on Tuesday so had planned to eat that for St. Patrick's Day supper but Connie and I talked for so long that it was too late for real food so I had a bowl of cereal and called it good. Slainte!

I was disappointed when the Grocery Girls weren't on YouTube on Thursday but then Helen called and said she was in town and wanted to bring lunch over. WAY better than YouTube. We chatted over another Mocha C's lunch (twice in one week - yum!) and then it was back to work. It was Andrea's actual birthday so even though we'd celebrated a couple of weeks ago with Lori, I felt the need to mark the day so invited her over for cabbage casserole and the first driveway fire of the season. It was pretty chilly though so we didn't last very long but it was still fun.

Friday flew by and I ended the day with a Fremont run for groceries. I had no plans for Saturday, which was the anniversary of our last day on campus. I commemorated it with some online yarn shopping and while I was at it I found a great deal on some sock yarn on Facebook Marketplace and made plans to pick it up Sunday afternoon. Lorri's seeds came in the mail so I ran over there in the later afternoon and we had a nice visit.


The social event of the week was brunch at Cindy's with Lana. Cindy's husband was out of town and she was over Covid and Lana and I had both gotten one shot so we figured we'd be safe. I brought bacon, Lana brought fruit and Cindy made an egg casserole. It felt so normal and was pure joy. I hadn't seen Cindy in person since January and Lana in a year! Zoom doesn't count but I'm so glad we have it. I left there to drive to Omaha to pick up the yarn, which was a total deal. And since I got such a deal, I drove to Lori's house to share. We had tea and checked out her yard. With it staying light later, I didn't get home until 8:00. 

What a fun day at the end of a fun week! All I need now is to get my appointment for my 2nd shot. Normal is coming. I just need to stay safe for another month. Good thing it's spring weather so I can spend time outside, which I will need to do because I'll be fully protected by mid-April and then I'll be seeing all kinds of people and may even eat INSIDE a restaurant. Wow! Just one more month....

No comments:

Post a Comment