Saturday, March 20, 2021

Week 10 - Warmth and Birthdays

What a difference 2 weeks makes! It had been above freezing most days in the previous week but this week would have highs in the 60's. That's a 90 degree change from 2 weeks ago. There were still huge piles of snow at the start of the week but they didn't last long with the warm sunny weather. 

When I saw the weather forecast, I suggested to Andrea and Lori that we celebrate their birthdays early so we could do it on the deck on Saturday. They were in so I planned accordingly. But I had a work week to get through before I'd start cleaning madly on Friday.

Monday was the 1st of the month, which meant monthly reporting and casting on new socks - always a good day. And I had Monday Night Knitting too. Nice. Helen stopped by on Tuesday to drop off my birthday presents and have lunch, which was my usual Mocha C's grab and go. It's always fun to see Helen too. I had a 4:30 zoom on Wednesday and it was called by our Vice Chancellor so there was no skipping it. No swimming but oh well. I did a Lincoln run on Thursday after work, hitting a few Goodwills (didn't find a thing) and a real, as in not Aldi, market. Now I was ready for the party.

I ran to the florist on Friday over lunch and picked up a few more gifts down the block while the florist filled my vase. After work, I cleaned the house so I wouldn't worry and could sleep. I got up early on Saturday to make a cherry walnut cake with cream cheese frosting and wrapped presents. When it got warmer towards noon, I cleaned the tables and chairs on the deck. I set the table with my china and got out my grandmother's nice silverware to make the table extra special for Lori's 60th birthday. They were due to arrive at 12:30.


Lori brought her dog Abbey so she'd be able to stay longer (Abbey has separation anxiety so trashes the house if Lori's gone for any length of time) and we had a great time. I had chilled some fruity wine to have with our Chinese and Andrea had brought vegan ice cream to go with the cake (not vegan). It was a lovely day of chatting and knitting and we didn't break up the party until the sun went behind the garage. All in all, it was a successful party for staying safe during covid.

With all my chores done before the party, all I had to do was a bit of laundry on Sunday to be ready for the coming week. That left lots of time for knitting and streaming. Always good. It hit the low 70's and the snow was 100% gone after just a week of warm weather. Yay! Spring was definitely on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment