Saturday, March 20, 2021

Week 9 - Another Pandemic Week

It was another pandemic work week. Not much different - same old same old. I trained a couple of afternoons and had some drama when I intervened between a college and an administrative department. You know, work. But I had a plan for  a spit test and swimming on Wednesday so had that to look forward to.

My plan was to leave for Lincoln at just before 4:00 for a 4:45 spit test on East Campus. I was due for my test a week earlier but I wasn't going out when it was 30 degrees below zero so had scheduled it for this week instead. I also had to return some books to the library commission downtown so would be from one end of Lincoln to the other but it was doable. Until the phone rang.

I had my coat on and was about to leave when the phone rang and it was my boss - Mary - so I picked up. I didn't leave the house until 4:10 and first called Rene to see if she cold drop the books then called Anne to have her call the Library Commission to say I wasn't coming. But even with all that taken care of, I felt guilty so decided to go anyway. I got stuck in traffic so was only leaving downtown when my phone rang at 4:45. It was Darla, who I had arranged to thrift with after my test. What I didn't expect was that she would leave work early to meet me at my test so I felt bad that she was waiting. I got to the spit hut right at 5:00 and Darla and I were headed to Goodwill within 5 minutes. But I only had until 5:30 if I was going to make it to the pool so we didn't have very long to chat while we walked the aisles. I don't think either of us found anything but the point was the visit, which was nice but too short. I made it to the pool in the nick of time. So much for looking forward to a Lincoln run. It was way to rushed.

Rene, Anne and I were going to have pizza at Anne's after swimming. There was confusion over the pizza, which I'd already picked up and then Rene tried to right after I left. We got a late start with dinner but had fun chatting and knitting. Rene was making her first pair of socks and was doing great. And after such a frantic time before swimming, it was nice to relax with friends.

I just had 2 more work days until the weekend, which I spent going through spare room stuff again. And knitting, of course. There was still snow everywhere and I was getting pretty tired of winter in my house. But better safe than sorry. My spit test came back negative so safe is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment