Sunday, November 29, 2020

Week 47 - Finished Christmas Shopping

So my dread over impending darkness and cold a few weeks ago was premature because things were going just fine and we even had another warm day so I took an afternoon off. I know winter is coming but so far, November isn't that bad.

After the news about my knee, I started a rotation on Monday in hopes that I could drop a few pounds before my December advent calendars start. I did fine on the 600 calorie days, which was encouraging. 

On Tuesday afternoon I had my last medical appointment of the season - the eye doctor. I took 5 pairs of glasses home and posted them on Facebook for my friends to help me choose. Well, everyone had a different opinion so I went with the ones that were most like what I've been wearing for the past 2 years. Bigger than my old ones but then all the frames seem huge these days. The 80's are back!

Thursday was warm so I took the afternoon off and started with lunch in the park with Lorri. Then I headed home for the main event - finishing clearing the shallow wall of my garage. I was out there for the rest of the afternoon and got it done. My friend's husband said he would be willing to build shelves for me after it got too cold for his deck building business so I emailed Amanda to have him call me. Yay!

I had made plans with Andrea for an Omaha run after work on Friday so when I woke up early after yet another bad night's sleep, I started work at 6:30. I worked through lunch so was free as a bird at 2:30. I was determined to finish my Christmas shopping but we were thwarted at Trader Joe's, which had a huge line to get in. Next stop was World Market, where I scored plenty of presents, and after a quick run through at Five Below (got a fabulous tinsel wreath for my front door), we hit Baker's for groceries. It was a very productive trip and I declared that I was done Christmas shopping. Yay!

I had realized early in the week that I couldn't possibly knit enough hats so had called my sister Dottie, who crochets for the homeless, and she immediately mailed 20 crocheted hats. That still left me needing more so I kept knitting all weekend. By the end of the weekend, I was up to 17 hats with 1 more half done. With the 2 I had on the needles that I planned to finish and a few I'd made earlier in the year, Dottie's would get me to 50. Lori dropped the 2 she made off on Sunday afternoon. All good.

My other goal for the weekend was to put together my new coffee table so it'd be ready for Anne on Thanksgiving. It took 2+ hours to put together and I had a big blister on my palm from the many, many screws but it was done. And perfect. Lori saw it when she dropped her hats and she agreed.

So, another good week. Done with Christmas shopping, saw 2 friends in person and was on track to finish the hats. Dottie's package hadn't arrived yet and she threw away the receipt with the tracking number so I'd just have to be patient. Not my strong suit but I have faith in the USPS. That said, I am planning to wrap and ship super early now that my shopping is done. Faith but why risk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment