Friday, November 6, 2020

Week 44 - Snow before Halloween

It started snowing late Sunday and was still snowing Monday morning. A small part of me had been looking forward to the first snowy day when I didn't have to worry about shovelling my driveway and getting to work on time. Now this snow was only ~3" and had started melting by the end of the day Monday but still. You gotta enjoy what you can these days.

It was a nice week at work - busy but not stressfully so - so it flew by. I had some fun zooms too, with Van for tea one afternoon and later in the week with the old coffee group - Lana, Cindy and even Dawn from Virginia. It was lovely.

A warm front was coming through starting on the weekend and I desperately needed produce so wanted to go to Super Saver in Lincoln, which has the best produce department. You would think from how much I belabored when to go and what to do that I was making a major life decision. Sheesh! Luckily, Cindy mentioned that she was going to go to Sam's Club Saturday morning so I asked if she wanted to get Starbuck's and sit outside somewhere and chat. Yes! With that appointment to anchor my day, I headed south.

Cindy and I got our drinks (I tried the pumpkin foam cold brew - yum!) and found a park to sit in. It was still a bit chilly but we found a sheltered location in the sun and chatted until noon. It was perfect. I had to go to campus to check out a new location for one of the cat feeders and hadn't been there in months. Come to find out the weekend feeder had already moved it - nice! - so I headed to my office to check it out. The windows had been replaced but my cubie was still in pieces. As usual, it was creepy being in the dark, empty building. I hit the ladies, checked on my cats and then picked up my favorite salad at Panera. I stopped at my favorite Goodwill for finding yarn on the way to Anne's and we happily sat on her deck all afternoon, knitting and chatting. I left when we lost the sun and stopped at Super Saver for a huge stockup and was home by 7:00. It was Halloween but I was skipping it this year. Despite that, it was a banner day!

I have had a round topped steamer trunk in my basement for years, which I recently emptied with a plan to get rid of it. Well Andrea knew I wanted it gone and told me that her niece's one act play group was looking for trunks so we'd made plans for her to come help me get it out of the basement on Sunday. Well it was way deep in the basement, which meant I had to move some furniture and crap to get it out. I went down to see how much work it would be and ended up just moving it myself. It was awkward but not heavy and I even managed to get it up the stairs myself. I figured it would be easier to go right to Andea's sister so emailed her and she said she'd send her husband over with the truck. Done! Now I have an empty wall to put up a bookcase and get some craft stuff organized.

That was the start of my Sunday and after my weekly chat with my sister, my friend Lori came over and we chatted for a bit. She was in my house but wore a mask. Now that's a good friend.

Great weekend, right? I didn't get any cooking done but I have a freezer full of possibilities and my produce drawers were jam packed so I'd survive. I'll end this post with a pic of my happy geraniums, which I'll be enjoying all winter. Orange, of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment