Sunday, October 4, 2020

Week 38 - Enjoying Responsible Fun

The week started with not being able to remote into my work computer. Come to find out, someone had unplugged it when they swiped the power strip. Allan moved it to a less obvious spot and I was back in business. While this may not have been an auspicious start, the work week went fine. Is it a bad thing that the highlights of my work week were a spider scaring the crap out of me when it ran across my desk and the zoom tea break I had with Lana and Cindy on Wednesday? At least nothing blew up work wise.

Thursday night was dinner in Ashland with Amanda. We got take out from BW's (tot-chos!) and ate on her deck. I'd made pineapple upside down cake for Amanda's birthday It was a lovely evening. Helen came over for lunch on my deck on Friday. All this socializing outside with friends felt great.

Saturday was spinning at Nan's cabin on the Platte River. Her cabin is on stilts so we sat underneath it spread apart in chairs and I pulled up a zoom so a few people could participate remotely. It was a lot of fun. From there, Andrea and I went to Omaha for some shopping and dinner at Lori's. I brought eggplant parm that I'd made with eggplant from my garden. Friends and food - does it get better than that?

Sunday was chores and my cousin Kelley's wedding. The zoom was scheduled for 7:00 our time (the wedding was in California) so I figured I'd be done by 8:00. Nope. After the ceremony, Kelley and Gabe went out to take pictures and said they'd be back in an hour so all the cousins stayed on the zoom and caught up. When they were done with pictures, I thought they'd come back to chat but they did cake and their first dance. I was surprised but I guess they were trying to have as normal a weeding as they could. I never got to chat with Kelley at all and said goodnight after 10:00 and went to bed.

So in our covid world, this was a banner week. I saw so many people (safely) and got to enjoy time outside. I fell like I need to do all the visiting while the weather allows it to store up some fun for when it's too cold to be outside. It's coming so store up some of your own fun for the lean times ahead. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment