Friday, October 16, 2020

Week 40 - Finally Some Masks!

So, it was back to reality after a nice time with Connie. You would think that the glow of getting away and out of my house would have left me with some residual good vibes but no. The vibes didn't even last through the 8.5 hour drive home. Oh well. At least I had Chubby's truffles to share at knitting.

I went to Mocha C's on Tuesday ready to tell them off for not wearing masks and inform them that I wouldn't be returning until they did. Well, knock me over with a feather! Every person behind the counter was wearing a mask, at which I heaved a big sigh of relief. I so look forward to the little things these days and my Tuesday grab and go lunch is one of them. More masks in Wahoo is the one good thing that came out of the super spreader wedding that lead to so many cases in town. How's that for cup half full?

After the debate from hell, which left me struggling to fall asleep, I was tired on Thursday. I'd been messaging back and forth with the owner of Hoot & Sadie's about the cutest little bookcase/hutch that was only 21" wide but tall. It was the perfect thing to organize my knitting supplies and I'd moved furniture to make room for it. But when I called to say I'd be picking it up later, she said she'd sold it when the store opened at 1:00. I never did formally tell her to hold it so it was my bad but I was very disappointed. She seemed to feel bad too. I went in after work to pick up some lamps that Lori had bought  At least I'd get some fun from that.

Lori came to get the lamps at lunch on Friday and we walked at the lake with her dog. It was a lovely interlude in the day and got me outside. Despite the weather being cooler, I've continued to hole up in the house, which is not good. There's no reason I can't get outside at lunch or right after work. I just don't. Clearly it's time to rethink that.

And despite being holed up, my house was a pit. I'd been tired all week after being at Connie's so had done the bare minimum to get through the week. I spent the weekend getting my house back in order. I started in the back room and kitchen on Saturday, finishing in the late afternoon. I really needed some groceries and wanted to head south to Lincoln but was trying to figure out a route that would include going to Anne's, which wasn't really working. I gave up but at 4:30 realized that there was no requirement that I visit Anne just because I'd be in Lincoln. I left the house at 4:30, did some thrifting then got groceries at Aldi and was back home by 7:00. Nice. After a supper of chips, dip and beer, I headed to bed. I had more to do Sunday.

My front room was especially getting me down, with the table piled high with stocking stuffers and various crap from as far back as my Rhode Island trip. There was also yarn EVERYWHERE! I got the table cleared, the stocking stuffers organized in baskets (I'm doing fine for my sisters but Carolyn's is looking skimpy) and then sorted yarn. I pulled yarn to donate to Project Warm that we're doing at spinning and swatched a bunch of yarns that I suspected might be non-superwash wool and would shrink. Those went into the laundry basket to go in with my next hot load. 

With that done, I called it a good weekend. My house was neat but not clean but I'd deal with that later. And the week had been fine, with work just the right amount of busy, so it was all good. Just another week during the pandemic. I have it easier than many so am thankful to be happy and healthy. I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment