Saturday, June 22, 2019

Week 24 - More Fiber Fun

It was another week of yarny fun, which always makes for a good week.

Monday Night Knitting is always a lovely way to start a week but then I went to the Goodwill way down south on Tuesday at lunch and scored 145 skeins (!) or wool-ease yarn for 80 cents/skein with my senior discount. Yes, 145 and yes, I do qualify for the senior citizen discount. When did that happen? Anyway.... I went home and stashed them immediately but some may very well end up going to Dottie. Some might have already but when I went to pack up the huge box for her on the weekend, I had more than enough to fill it. That's the 3rd box I've shipped to Indiana. The $26 UPS charges is well worth it to get it out of my house.


Awhile ago, I had knitted baby socks for Lilly, the consultant who has been in our office since we moved in in March who is due in early August. But I asked if her 2 year old might like something knitted since the new baby would be getting all the presents. She had just bought Eloise a monkey at Build-a-Bear so I made the cutest little red sweater (the color Eloise asked for) for the monkey. Check it out.


There was even more fiber fun on Saturday. It was the long awaited felted zipper pin class at spinning, which had been originally schedule in March when Fremont was flooded out. I had seen these on Etsy years ago and always wanted one so was thrilled to learn how to make my own. Turns out it's made by felting fiber between the zippers, which wasn't what I thought. I love how mine turned out. 

From spinning, we did out usual Goodwill and Aldi run but were both starving so got KFC bowls before shopping instead of sushi afterwards. Well, Andrea scored 2 enormous bags of yarn that were clearly someone's entire stash. I bought the 3rd bag, which was much smaller and we sorted through them all in the car on the way home. Since there were some in my bag that went with some in hers, she stopped over on Sunday afternoon and we sorted through them all, pulling out stuff to give away and combining like lots so we each had something to work with. Scoring good quality yarn super cheap at a thrift store is such a joy!

The only other fun, non-yarny, for the week was going to The Biggest Little Farm movie with Cindy on Friday night. Her husband and son were away for the week so she was free as a bird and so we scooted out at 4:45 and headed to The Ross. The movie was good so definitely go see it if it's playing in a theatre near you. : )

That's all I've got for this week. Work was uneventful, which is always good, and it was too rainy to garden so it was all about the yarn. Lucky me.





No comments:

Post a Comment