Saturday, June 22, 2019

Week 23 - More Knitting Fun

This week was just chock full of knitting fun and I was back in the pool so you know I was a happy camper. I even decided I would swim on Mondays but leave early so I could swim and knit. It’s good to have a plan.

The weather was so gorgeous that Heidi invited us to her house for Monday Night Knitting. She had had a graduation party for her son on the weekend and so plied us with leftovers. We filled our plates with tacos, grabbed adult beverages and sat out by her pond. The weather was glorious and the mosquitos weren’t out so it was perfect. Anne Marie came with some of her littles and it was fun to watch her youngest, Gemma, cavort outside. She is just is a happy little kid and so found joy in everything and her giggles were the backdrop for our knitting. It was a perfect evening.

I had another demo of my database on Wednesday on East Campus. It went well and they gave good suggestions for enhancements but the best part was going to the Dairy Store for ice cream afterwards. Yum! I swam again and went home to a night of streaming and knitting. But when I got out of my chair to go to bed, I was super dizzy. So dizzy that I had to grab my chair or I might have fallen over. Odd but I didn’t worry about it. Then I got up in the wee hours to pee and was still dizzy. When I got up Thursday and was still dizzy, I called in sick. As usual, I had to convince myself it was OK because I do not call in sick when I’m not sick but since I was too dizzy to drive, I felt justified. I went back to bed and stayed there for most of the morning. By the time I got up, the dizziness was much less and gone by early afternoon. A virus maybe? Who knows? I did nothing for the rest of the day.

Friday was over in a flash and it was time for the weekend. I’m liking the summer swimming schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Thursday because it means I can run errands after work on Friday, including doing food shopping. Nice. When I got home, I saw that Saturday was World Wide Knit in Public Day so poked the Monday Night Knitters to see if anyone was doing anything. Come to find out, someone in town who isn’t in our MNK group had posted on a local Facebook group that I don’t belong to that she’d be knitting at the local coffee shop. I was the only MNK in the dark and other were going so I decided to join them. It’s always lovely meeting new knitters and knitting over coffee.

I got to Mocha C’s around 11:00 and enjoyed a latte while chatting with a woman I’d met before but only casually, Karen, and her daughter. Heidi came shortly after and then Anne Marie with a few kids, of course. The coffee shop is right across from Andrea’s shop so we persuaded her to put a note on the door in case a customer came in and come knit with us. I was there long enough to need lunch so got a delicious chicken salad croissant and kept knitting. We closed the place down at 2:00. Karen had mentioned wanting to make some dish cloths so I gathered some cotton yarn and dropped it at her house. Sharing yarn is a happy thing.


Sunday was chore day, as usual, but I was off to a slow start and it was mid afternoon before I was at full speed. How do you like the flower pics from my garden? The little rose is the one Rene brought after my knee surgery. I wasn't sure if it would winter over but it did and came back great this year. It's a miniature so the blooms are quarter sized. The amarylis came up from the basement a couple of weeks ago with the flower stalk fully emerged but ghostly white from lack of sunlight. It greened up and bloomed beautifully. But I digress....

I was in the middle of something when there was a knock on my door. The man who’s spearheading Re Tree Wahoo was at my door asking if I’d be willing to adopt a few trees that he would be planting along the new bike path. I agreed but the talking went on and on. In my driveway. Until almost 6:00. My productivity was DONE. Oh well. Sometimes you’ve just got to go with the flow. As long as I have clean underwear for the coming week, I’m good to go. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment