Monday, January 8, 2018

2018 - Just One Word

So, it's time to pick another word for the year. I've tried all kinds in recent years and thought last year's word - Curate - would be a good one. But who knew when I chose it that I'd be having 2 major surgeries, 2.5 months off work and 6 months of PT! Survival and bare necessities were all I managed in 2017. Oh well. Best laid plans and all.

Well now that my shoulder is fixed and my knee is nearly there, I've chosen a very practical word for 2018:


Movement

Now who'd have thought that I could get sick of sitting, knitting and streaming with a cat on my lap. Not I. But with so much down time and so few options, by the end of the year, I couldn't wait to move. Swim, walk, bike, anything! So hopefully 2018 will bring lots of opportunities for movement of all kinds, with the added bonus of not having to worry about blowing my knee from overuse. Now for the ice and snow to melt so I can start with walks around campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment