Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 12 - Fun Full Saturday

So I started the week on moral high ground, getting up at o’dark thirty to go to Power Pump despite the time change. The boys both called in sick so it was quiet in the office but I had more data to pull (more from Friday’s request) first thing and again at the end of the day. I didn’t get to leave early so was rushed but it was a pleasant time, as always, knitting with friends.

There was a thunderstorm at 1:30 Tuesday morning that woke me up then my coffee pot went off at 2:30 (the clock display is hosed so resetting for the time change is always a challenge) so I got up to make my thermos so it would be hot for work. Needless to say, I was tired when the alarm went off at 5:50. I dropped my carload of donations at Goodwill over lunch and then went right home to cook noodles and broccoli to go with the stroganoff I’d made Sunday. Yum!

I had some drama on Wednesday night when I got home from swimming. I came home to find Wrennie, my skin and bones ancient kitty, covered with bloody spit and clawing at her mouth with her tongue hanging out. I couldn't see anything when I yanked her jaw open and I had no idea what to do. The act of opening her mouth must have fixed somthing though because she calmed down, slept and cleaned up her 3 icky feet. Then she wanted food. Thursday morning it's like it never happened. I wonder if she was losing a tooth or something? I thought I'd be taking her to the vet and probably putting her down. Big relief!

The rest of the week was same old same old – produce shopping at Fresh Thyme on Wednesday (love their ad overlap day!) and thrift shopping at lunch, without Dodie, on Thursday. I scored some nice yarn, which is always a treat. The week was over before I knew it.

I was double booked for Saturday. Despite having lunch plans with Andrea and Lori for their birthday, I couldn’t say no when Darla wanted to do breakfast. I met her at Cook’s Café for breakfast then we shopped at the nearby plaza – Big Lots, Joann’s and a brand new Tuesday Morning – until just before noon. After a quick stop at the market for ricotta, I headed to Wahoo. I just had time to drop my purchases before heading to Chips, where we had a nice lunch. The icing on the cake was the look of joy on Drae’s face when she opened the Victory Garden of Tomorrow chicken sign I’d bought her.

The weather was also worth mentioning. In the 2 hours we were at Chips, we saw it all – snow, both flurries and big flakes, sleet, hail and blazing sun. Luckily it was all done and just back to gloomy by the time we left but sheesh! Gotta love Nebraska weather.

My cousin Debbie called Saturday night. You could have knocked me over with a feather! She was calling to say she might be coming in May but we had a long catch up since we hadn’t talked in ages. What a nice end to a fun day.

Sunday was typical chores mostly. I did make a pan of lasagna to take to Anne’s on Tuesday night and a pie (strawberry/rhubarb) to take to knitting. It never got warm enough to work outside. The early time change screwed me up again this year. I want to be outside because it’s light late but it’s just not warm enough, despite the early spring this year. Oh well, maybe it will be next weekend. I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment