Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 44 - It's Over But.....

The book sale was over at noon on Saturday. We were very close to breaking the $2,000 mark (our goal) and that with less quality books than in previous years. But just because the sale hours are done, it doesn’t mean the work is. Despite having spent every spare minute at the library for the past week, I stayed 2 hours beyond my shift to help break it down. We don’t have to be completely out of the conference room until the end of the week but I don’t want to drag it out. I’m willing to give time each night until Wednesday and then I’m done, whether the books are all put away or not.

On top of the book sale, work was a bear this week. Nora was out all week and UNL was on the front page of the Journal Star so the heat was on to provide data for the Vice Chancellor. My week was full before that article so I was slamming to get stuff done by the end of the month. I had hoped to get everything done so I could take Friday off but that didn’t happen and I only found out last minute (4:30 on Thursday) that Dale had already asked for the day off so I was flying solo on the reporting team. I got it all done late Friday afternoon and could finally breath again.

This week should go better. I start the week with deans’ reports, which take up two full days. Then I’ve asked for Thursday and Friday off to make up for the long weekend I lost post-Monterey because of the plumbers. So as of Thursday morning, I’m putting the “NO” in November. It’s going to be all about me with time to catch up on projects, knit for Christmas, plan for my scrapbooking weekend and recoup before the holidays. The weather’s supposed to be unseasonably warm so I’m hoping to get outside and do some yard work too.

So, that’s my plan and I’m sticking to it. Happy NO-vember.

1 comment:

  1. If you feel like your "No" is wavering, email me and I'll give you some reality. I have been sick so am also behind.
    Sounds like you have had a stressful week. Have a cup of tea and relax, girl.

    ReplyDelete