Thursday, August 22, 2024

Week 30 - Started My Basement

It was just another hot summer week in Nebraska with not much exciting going on but here goes....

I started a rotation in an attempt to lose some weight before heading to Rhode Island next month. I started late so didn't have the full 21 days for the diet but I shortened it a bit and was pretty motivated. It helps that I had produce left from Cindy's CSA pick up so I started the week with salmon roasted over zucchini. Didn't even feel like diet food.

On the work front, I spent most of the days working with Dana, who is still picking things up super quickly. After my campus day on Wednesday, I met Cindy at Sam's to get a 12 pack of Noosa (the best yogurt so try it if you haven't) and a chicken. Of course the chicken oven was broken so after killing time after leaving the office early (I'd skipped lunch), it was a total fail. Good thing I had more salmon to nuke when I got home.

I had book club on Thursday night but nothing else worth a mention and it was HOT so I was holed up most of the week. Since I had no plans on the weekend, I headed down to the basement.

Years ago, I had bought a small TV for the sewing room but had never set it up. I also had a firestick for it and had just bought another new one so I could retire my problematic old upstairs one. Amazon has improved the process so I formatted them both and on Saturday, I went downstairs to start going through the craft room. I cleared the entire top of my sewing machine and the table next to it, which is where I put the TV. I found the DVD/VCR combo but not the remote and I didn't find the DVD player that I have the remote for upstairs. Watching China Beach will have to wait (adding it to the post retirement list) but with the firestick to stream, I blazed up YouTube and attacked the mending pile. I was happy and productive for the next 2 hours. I also had a full box to donate to Becky's next Stuff for Strays sale. Win win!

Fair entries were due on Monday so I spent time washing and blocking socks between chores on Sunday. I was entering 5 pairs, which is the limit in any single lot, and a fabric project bag I'd made to fill the 6th spot on the entry tag page. I also had time to finish this pair of socks I made with some yarn I bought at Fiberpalooza. I used a favorite pattern and the yarn reminds me of a dilute calico cat so they're a particularly happy pair.

Just a week and a half until I leave for my annual beach week in Rhode Island and retirement. Sort of. I'll have to work a bit in the last week of August but then I'll be on vacation until my retirement date sometime in mid October. So close.


No comments:

Post a Comment