Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Week 14 - Hanging with Friends

It was a fun week with lots of friends and training but ended with a stomach bug. Oh well.

Monday was the first business day of the month so Dana and I were in the office doing monthly reports, which went well. Dana skips lunch and leaves at 4:00 (she has kids in school/daycare) so I left at 4:30 so I wouldn't be so rushed with dinner before knitting. Good start to the week.

I was taking Thursday afternoon off for a Fremont run with Darla so after a remote day working with Dana, I started cleaning (nothing like having someone come over to motivate me to neatize and clean!) and then did my taxes. Productive day all around.

Wednesday was a campus day and I picked up donated cat food for Husker Cats on the way in. It was Dana time all morning then I thrifted at lunch. We had a long overdue FAC after work at Tico's, which means margueritas and nachos for me. It was fun hanging with work friends outside of work. I listened to the start of Survivor on my phone as I drove home and then settled in to watch the rest when I got home. I did a bit more cleaning and was ready for Darla.

I picked up grab & go lunches mid-morning and Darla arrived at noon. She wanted to meet my cats but they wanted no part of a stranger in the house. (Gansey was the only cat I've ever had who liked people.) We enjoyed our lunch then headed to Fremont. We both found things at Thriftology, which is a small thrift shop that used to be open on Saturdays but isn't anymore so I can't go on my regular Saturday Fremont runs. I filled a bag with fabric scraps at the quilt shop and then we meandered up Main Street, ending with a latte at the local coffee shop. From there it was Goodwill and Aldi. It was a lovely afternoon with Darla, who is one of my favorite people to hang with.

Unfortunately, I was up in the wee hours with digestive issues. There was clean up and a shower involved so it wasn't pretty. I took immodium that was WAY out of date and called in. I have trouble calling in sick but not when I have things leaving my body explosively. I napped and watched TV. The runs were fixed with the old drugs (time to add immodium to my shopping list) but I was still cramping on and off until the evening. It's always something.

I woke up feeling 100% on Saturday, which was a good thing because I had plans Saturday morning. Jennifer, who used to work in Accounting, was in town for a class at the satellite campus of the Southeast Community College so we met and shopped our way through downtown Wahoo. We went to the Senior Center Thrift Shop, where Barbara, who also worked in Accounting before retiring, was volunteering. It was old home week. We ended with lunch at Mocha C's, where I didn't get my regular grab and go choice. Shocking!

Since I was done with Jennifer in the early afternoon and my house was clean, I invited Lorri over for tea so we could catch up after her trip. We had a lovely chat and then I forced myself outside to prep and plant my early veg bed. We had rain due overnight so it'd be watered in. While I was completely unmotivated, I was glad I got it done and we did get a bit of rain. We were inches behind with precipitation last year and with almost no snow all winter, are inches behind this year already. I hope we don't have another droughty summer.


With all my social commitments over and my house as clean as it gets, Sunday was my usual chores and cooking. Knitting too, of course, and I finished my first challenge sock, which is the dreaded toe up method. They're going right into my gift bags when they're done. Toe up is loathsome so I need them out of my life. It was a relaxing end to a full week.

No comments:

Post a Comment