Monday, October 30, 2023

Week 39 - Big Beef Weekend

It was a pretty average week, which felt great after my drama filled previous week.

I started the week with a recorded interview with Progressive, which is my insurance company. They agreed that it was not my fault and gave me contact info for the insurance company of the guy who hit me (apparently it's my job to contact them?) I started emailing, leaving messages and finally got some traction when I got an email saying the person I was trying to get was away but the backup team would help. Which they did. After leaving messages all week, they handled it all on Friday afternoon so I ended the day with some resolution. The body shop had what they needed to order parts and I scheduled to have it repaired while I'm in Europe. Yay - progress!

Work was super busy with a new project for Budget that had me awake in the wee hours trying to figure out the logic for some data I was struggling to pull. After work on Wednesday I went to my cousin Helen's new house in Lincoln for a tour and visit. It's gorgeous and a total departure from their house at the farm. I worked on campus on Friday because I'd scheduled lunch with Layton and Steve a month ago so we could take Steve to our old fave lunch place, which is only open for lunch on Fridays since Covid. It's a biker bar with great burgers so Steve was happy. I hit Aldi and headed home, happy for the weekend.

I love a weekend at home and got a few chores done and pulled a bunch of yarn for an Omaha school teacher who was teaching her home room kids to crochet and boxed up another huge box of yarn for my sister in the process. Otherwise, the highlight of the weekend was going to Colon for their annual roast beef dinner. After eating some for lunch, I still had enough for another dinner and a lunch. Gotta love the fall church dinners around here. Next up will be the Project Close Up turkey dinner at the high school.


Here's a picture of my older cats, Tot and Pixel. Time to give them some picture love since it's been all kitten pics for quite some time now. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment