Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Week 7 - More Yoyo Weather

It was another week with weather all over the place but there was no drama (compared to last week) and I had fun on the weekend. I'll take it.

I started my work week with Foundation reports, which take most of a day and I have lots to show when I'm done. Love that! It was also 61 degrees. On February 13th! It was so nice that I walked to knitting, knowing I'd have plenty of people willing to drive me home. It's good to have friends and knitting friends are the best kind.

I woke up to rain on Tuesday, which was an absolute treat. I can count on one hand the times it has rained since last May and it was so nice to hear the rain on the roof that I stayed in bed and read until 7:00, which felt downright decadent. I had a busy morning at work and then took the last 2 hours off because I had vacation to burn and just didn't want to start anything that late. How nice is that! I could get used to having to take 2 days of vacation/month.

The phone rang at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning just as I was heading to get dressed. It was my boss saying that I didn't need to come in because I'd be all alone again and there was snow in the forecast for the afternoon. I found someone to feed my campus cats and happily stayed home. 

The afternoon snow didn't materialize but we got plenty of snow overnight and it was still snowing full bore Thursday morning and wasn't due to stop until the afternoon. Schools everywhere were closed but UNL didn't announce their closure until 8:07. Some people were already on campus and my friend had staff stranding halfway in. Crazy! That was not cool at all. Now when they cancel classes and close campus, those of us who are working at home are supposed to still work while everyone else gets a snow day. I was at my computer all day to answer emails and get a bit done but didn't work very hard. Tim and his sons came and did my driveway in the afternoon. I measured 8" on my deck. I had meetings all afternoon on Friday so the work week was over quickly and I had fun plans on Saturday. 

My favorite yarn shop in Omaha gives a birthday discount so Andrea and I were going to Omaha early to hit Imagiknit, where I bought just a single skein of sock yarn and a mini, and have lunch at the British store - Chippy's - before spinning. After eating sausage rolls and cheese/onion pasties for lunch, we still had time to hit the big St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop in the same plaza, where I found a few treasures and some big bags of yarn. Yay! Then it was on to our rug hooking program at Rhonda's house with the spinners. Despite vowing not to, I started a rug hooking project but it's just a little mug rug. We'll see if I ever finish it. It was a fun day and even with a stop at Aldi on the way out of town, we were home by 6:00.


So I'd call that a nice week and I had a thoroughly enjoyable Sunday. While the snow had already melted a lot, I still had some to trudge through to hang my sheets on the line. So worth it for the fresh smell! And in searching for a specific knitting needle, I ended up going through all the knitting stored in my coffee table and finished a crocheted rug I'd started years ago. Even though it'll just be for cats to sleep on, it's always good to finish something and I like it. What a nice end to a nice week. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment