Sunday, February 12, 2023

Week 5 - My Birthday Week

The start of the week wasn't great but it all turned around on Wednesday with a new month and my birthday.

It was brutally cold on Monday but I went out for my grab and go anyway but that was the last I went out that day. Andrea and I were the only two going to knitting so we opted to stay home and cozy. Carolyn's mom's funeral was Tuesday morning and I took funeral leave to watch via zoom and then I taught that afternoon.

Also on the work front, our alternate work arrangement requests to continue going to campus only one day a week were all denied and we were told to put them in again for 2 days/week, which is still short of the 50% time Central has mandated. now we wait and hope that that gets approved.

Wednesday was a new day and I started with a free mocha at Starbuck's for my birthday and took muddy buddies (aka puppy chow in the midwest) to work as my birthday treat (I hate that I have to feed everyone else on my birthday but played along). I was so distracted by all the birthday wishes that I almost forgot it was the 1st of the month and so got a late start on my monthly reports, which had problems so took most of the day. Brook was out but Ben, Cindy and I went to Honest Abe's for burgers and truffle tots (yum!) and after work, I met Dodie at Costco for shopping, pizza and ice cream. It was a nice birthday.

Helen surprised me on Thursday with a baguette and my favorite cheese and pate. Such a thoughtful gift! Then we went to lunch on Friday at the cafe down at the sale barn. My lunch was yummy (I took half of it home) and we chatted until I had to get back to work for a space meeting, which was a disaster. The programmer had made none of the changes for the upcoming space survey, despite having the logic forever. I ended the day zooming with Cindy to prep for the user group meeting on Tuesday. Like that the work week was over, which is always a pleasure.

Anne, Rene and I were supposed to be going to Stromsburg on Saturday but the wool I'd dropped off in the fall wasn't going to be ready so we pushed it out a week, which meant I was free as a bird for the whole weekend. Lovely. It was gorgeous on Saturday and nearly 50 degrees. I tromped through the snow to hang laundry on the line, chatted with Carolyn and my sister and streamed an entire series - The One on Netflix. I made yummy dinner and went to bed early to read. It was a fabulous day, especially for February.

The weather was just as nice on Sunday and when Lorri didn't stop by after church, I went to her house in the afternoon to drop off the mittens I'd finished mending for her that morning. We chatted on her deck in the sun. I spent the afternoon knitting and catching up on some TV and podcasts then made a yummy dinner and watched PBS all night while knitting.

What a nice week it turned out to be and the weekend at home was the icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, I never did get any birthday cake. I'll have to remedy that in the coming week. With Stromsburg being delayed, I guess I'll just keep celebrating. Nice. Here's a picture of the cute present Darla send via Amazon. It's supposed to be coasters but I'll just enjoy it with my yarn on the Ikea.


No comments:

Post a Comment