Sunday, November 7, 2021

Week 44 - Prepping for Winter

Well, my mood was still high at the start of the week and it didn't flag as the week went on.

I'd heard from most of the knitters that they couldn't knit on Monday so I had planned to stay home myself but when I called Andrea, she was at the library pinning the quilt we'd helped her lay out the previous week. She had to leave at 6:30 but I wanted to see it so I headed to the library. I wasn't staying there alone but the Christmas decoration sale was starting that week so I got to rummage through the boxes and found some fun decorations to buy. That was worth going out for.

The work week flew by with, you guessed it, yet more reporting classes to teach. I was also slamming on allocations so was super busy. I ended the week with my annual physical and mammogram on Friday afternoon. I had planned to go back to work but had already worked plenty of extra hours so headed to Fremont with Andrea at 3:00. We got to the Habitat Store 10 minutes before they closed and someone had donated an entire fabric stash so Andrea bought it all. Then we hit Goodwill and Aldi then got sushi for supper, which was delicious. And I do like starting a weekend with errands on Friday so I can be home Saturday and Sunday.

After ridiculously warm weather for most of October, the weather was changing on Sunday and we'd have our first hard freeze. That meant I was outside on Saturday. I bring plants inside to overwinter every year, which meant cleaning shelves and repotting plants. I also went through my veg beds, harvesting the last of the produce. I do love fall.

It was dramatically cooler on Sunday, which wouldn't bode well for trick or treaters. I had given thought to having a fire in the driveway but it was super cold and I worried that I'd be out there alone so I opted to stay inside. I turned on the light and spent the first hour doing more work in the front room, which I'd moved furniture out of earlier in the day. Once I had things sorted and the table cleared, I brought in my laptop and watched Call the Midwife. When that was over at 8:00, I'd only had about a dozen kids and had lots of candy left, despite only buying 2 bags. I turned the light off and called it good. 

I don't know if it was the cold, the pandemic or the fact that there were only 3 houses out of the 12 on my block giiving out candy but that was a pathetic showing. I have always liked seeing the kids. Oh well. Hopefully it will be better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment