Thursday, August 19, 2021

Week 31 - Year End Break

So, this year there was a big hole in the fiscal year end meeting schedule. We had a few meetings Monday and Tuesday but none Wednesday or Thursday and only one late on Friday. Huh? Turns out Mary was going to her sister's to help her after surgery so we had a big break in the schedule, which has never happened in the 19 years that I've been prepping reports for year end meetings.

So Monday and Tuesday had some meetings but not many so it wasn't bad. I decided to get my grab and go lunch a day early so hit Mocha C's and The Warehouse at lunch on Monday. Well, half an hour after I got home, the phone rang. It was the antique store telling me that they'd found a blank check of mine on the sidewalk. Now I had dropped my wallet when I left The Warehouse but thought only my credit cards had fallen out. Nope. The few checks I keep in my wallet for the rare time I need one, had also fallen out and were blowing around Wahoo. I called the bank and they put stop payments on them but I couldn't stop myself from going downtown to look for them. I only found a carbon but stopped into the antique store to talk to them. They called me again right after I got home to say they'd found a 2nd blank check. Sheesh! Who needs this crap?

Wednesday dawned and I spent the morning catching up on a few things but was facing trying to fill an afternoon, not wanting to start anything beefy with more fiscal year end work looming. So despite being 9 days away from my Rhode Island vacation, I decided to take some vacation time to do a major clear out of my basement. After a quick lunch, I headed downstairs and went deep to the storage room, which was a disorganized mess. It's got shelves of Corelle around 3 sides but the rest was a mess. I was down there all afternoon and got the entire storage room organized, which left me with a full recycle bin and boxes of junk to get rid of. I took all of Thursday off too and made it through the rest of the basement. I still had a couple of piles to go through at a later date but I felt great with my progress. It was totally worth the vacation days.

I had dropped my fair entries on Tuesday and so ran to check for ribbons on my way to the pool on Wednesday evening. I'd won best of lot for my rainbow socks (a favorite pattern) and blues on everything else except a red on my crocheted coasters. I guess I should stick to knitting. It was 98 degrees and felt over 100 with the heat index so after my afternoon of heavy work in the basement, I jumped into the deep end of the pool, which felt great. Water aerobics is always a nice way to end a summer day.

I worked all day Friday and made a yummy homemade pizza for lunch. This was my last weekend before my trip and I couldn't count on having any free time next week so I spent the weekend getting ready to be gone. I ran to Omaha to get some Penzey's for Carolyn and dropped a bunch of stuff at Goodwill. On Sunday I cooked up a bunch of food, using things up and loading up with quick meals for the very busy next week. Luckily the weather had broken so the windows were back open, which meant I was sleeping great. As busy as the next few days would be, I was feeling good about the coming week. Just 4 more days of fiscal year end and I'd be heading to the beach. I'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment