Sunday, December 27, 2020

Week 51 - Quiet Before Christmas

It was a quiet week. With all my Christmas prep done - packages shipped, trees up and jam made - and no plans in the evenings, there wasn't much going on. I did manage a few errands at least.

I'd needed an oil change for awhile but had failed when I was in Lincoln so I made an appointment at Walker Tire in Wahoo. I dropped my car before knitting and Andrea drove me home afterwards. She then picked me up just before noon the next day so I could pick it up. It's nice to have friends.


I went to the bank to get gift cards for the library staff over lunch on Wednesday then picked up my grab and go at Mocha C's, which always feels like a treat. I taught a class Wednesday after lunch and had a perfectly normal evening of knitting and TV. So I don't know why I woke up in a funk on Thursday. 


I felt like I could cry or go cranky so chose the latter and was just in a mood all morning. Looking for a pick me up, I decided then and there to take Friday off. I had no plans but would use my Labor Day banked holiday since Trump had declared the 24th a federal holiday so I didn't need it over break. 


With that decision made, I called Andrea to see if she'd be willing to stop on her way to work to open my package from Dottie, which had sock yarn used as packing material. Surely sock yarn would improve my mood! She came over and not only pulled out some fun sock yarn but a bag of granny square centers that I'd asked my sister to make for me for an afghan I had started in the summer. Well, Fentons do nothing by halves and when I counted them at lunch, there were 472! I had already made 100 and so only needed 264 more. Guess what I spent Friday doing. : )


I had a relaxing weekend, just managing to do a few chores between all the crocheting. It felt odd to have so little to do so close to Christmas but it's a weird year so I shouldn't be surprised. I need to make sure I get some things done this winter and don't continue in this pre-Christmas mode. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment