Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Week 36 - Late Summer Heat

Unfortunately, the highlight of the week was blazing heat. Heat index over 100 heat. I could only hope it would be the last blast for this year. 

The heat wasn't arriving until Wednesday so I got busy doing everything outside at the start of the week. It started on Monday when I did something I'd not done since being home - I drove to Fremont at lunch to grocery shop. HyVee had one day specials that made it worth the drive, including a cheap Chinese meal I could have for lunch. On paper, it was an 18 mile drive so closer than Lincoln but with traffic, it took me a full 30 minutes door to door. That made for a long lunch but I got all my deals and was eating Chinese at my desk before 1:30. Oh well.

I met Lorri in the park for lunch on Tuesday and I got my grab and go, of course. It was monthly reports day plus I had 2 meetings so the day was over in a flash. And it was the last day of decent weather so I would be hunkering down for the rest of the week.

And that's what I did. I had refilled my 800's of ibuprofen so was taking that for my shoulder, which had been bothering me since my 13 hour day during year-end. I talked to Connie and planned a road trip to visit her for her birthday at the end of the month. I did venture to Lincoln late Friday for some thrifting and pizza at Anne's. We sorted yarn I'd bought on her deck and she kept 90% of it. Perfect. 

With the heat index going to be over 100, I had no plans to leave my house on the weekend. I gave thought to doing some cleaning but not much of that happened. I spent a bunch of time on the phone and zooming, knitted lots and did more quilting. I did get a bit of cleaning done but not the deep cleaning I needed to do. Oh well. The heat was due to break and go in the opposite direction with rain (much needed) and cold weather so I'd have another week inside coming up. Maybe I'd clean then? Don't count on it. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment