Friday, May 22, 2020

Week 19 - Much Better Week

It was a much better week. The boss' new no pressure mode continued and that made a world of difference.

I started the week with a catch up day, getting things done from the previous week and finishing monthly reports. I spent some time with the UAAD treasurer converting the treasurer's report to a better format on Tuesday and ended the week doing a new report for Mary. It was a productive and mostly uneventful work week. Not being under constant pressure helped increase productivity, for the entire team I'm sure.

I had some mower drama on Wednesday. My UAAD meeting over lunch was short so I headed out  to mow, thinking I'd easily get it done in half an hour. The mower started but then petered out so I added gas and then it wouldn't start at all. Am I the only person who didn't know about old gas? I called Cindy's husband who told me old gas was bad so I drained it out of the mower, put it into my car and then drove to the gas station to fill up my tank (to further dilute the old gas) and filled up my gas can. Adding new gas didn't work and it still wouldn't start. A man who was mowing across the street even tried but nothing. I tried again after work and when it still wouldn't start, I called John to mow. He came over that night and mowed so that took the pressure off. Cindy's husband said he would look at the mower when they came to deliver my bench. Sheesh!

It was raining on Monday night so there was no driveway knitting and there was very little social interaction for the rest of the week. Anne was supposed to come for Survivor on Wednesday but cancelled so I spent the 2 hours IM'ing with Dawn, which was lovely. Then on Saturday I watched the Grocery Girls live (a knitting podcast) which almost felt like having friends in the room then later zoomed with an online friend who lives in Germany. It was our first time chatting but we got along great (I knew we would) and we chatted for hours. Other than picking up my lunch at Mocha C's on Tuesday, I don't think I saw anyone in person except the mailman until Sunday. Wow! But it actually didn't feel weird at all.

On the knitting front, I cast on new socks for the new month using yarn I'd bought in Norway and was loving them. Then I was starting to get low on socks for my #socksofsocialdistancing project on Facebook so I dug into my mending bag. I found monster socks I'd made years ago but one of the yarns had shrunk so they didn't fit anymore. I found a yarn that approximated the old one (it's the right sock in the pic) and finished them late Friday, which meant I slept late on Saturday. Oh well. No plans were disrupted. : )


After making delicious meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans on Thursday night, I ended the week cooking for the coming week. The star was a roasted chicken that I stuffed - like a mini Thanksgiving. I shared a bunch of that with Andrea when she stopped by. It's good to have friends. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment