Thursday, December 19, 2019

Week 50 - Finding Christmas Spirit

The week started out with me fighting tears but did get better. It had to.

I had been OK with Pie's death when I was home alone but at work on Monday people were being nice to me. That's always a problem when I'm feeling emotional and this was no exception. It got easier as the day went along though and after another round of niceness at knitting, I was fine by Tuesday. There was definitely a change in my household's dynamic but we'd adjust.

I finished my Christmas shopping for good on Tuesday with errands at lunch. Check that off. Then the work gang went to Union Bank's holiday open house on Wednesday, which has quite a spread. By the time Thursday night came around, I was ready to put up my tree. I was finally getting some Christmas spirit. My tree was a bit wonky but looks great, if I do say so, once decorated.


I had a busy weekend ahead so forced myself to swim on Friday and then ran some errands, which meant I got home pretty late. After eating a quick supper, I baked cookies until after 9:00 pm so that I wouldn't have that hanging over my head. I then went all adult and cleaned up the entire kitchen Saturday morning before heading to a holiday party and cookie swap with my spinning group. It was at Danielle's house, which is lovely, and she went above and beyond with the food. We all had fun and were home before dark. I finished neatizing and got the bar cleared because it was time to start wrapping.

After making a nice breakfast Sunday morning and getting the laundry going, I pulled out wrapping paper and presents and got It's a Wonderful Life on the TV. I had a lovely afternoon of wrapping and had 3 packages ready to ship on Monday. I was in the home stretch on holiday prep and feeling good about things. It was quite a contrast from last year when all my holiday deadlines were early because of my Norway trip. How nice to have such a stress free December. I hope all your holiday prep is going swimmingly. Just ten days until Christmas and fix until I fly east. Where has December gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment