Saturday, November 30, 2019

Week 46 - Jam Packed Saturday

It was a quiet week. Good thing because the weekend was jam packed.

I finally finished my medical stuff, which was delayed from October. I had a fasting blood draw on Tuesday (overdue from my physical and holding up my meloxicam refill) and then went to the eye doctor after work. Done and done. Otherwise, the week was dead normal.

On Friday afternoon, we had a team building event - a tour of Innovation Campus' makers' space. It was very interesting and inspiring but over by 3:00. We all agreed we wouldn't go back to work so enjoyed adult beverages at The Mill and headed home early, which was the perfect start to the weekend. 

Saturday was busy all day. Lori was in town for a hair appointment and while we usually do lunch, Andrea and I had spinning that afternoon so we all met at Mocha C's for coffee and a pastry, after which we hit all the shops in Wahoo for Merry Market. It was fun to see all the shops decked out for Christmas and I managed to score a few stocking stuffers. When Lori headed to the hair salon, Helen and I went to Fremont. Originally the plan had been for Andrea to be working in the fields so we'd both be skipping spinning. But Andrea wasn't helping with harvest so Helen and I had fun at the Habitat Restore (she loved it, as I knew she would) then grabbed lunch and caught up. She then dropped me at spinning, where I met up with Andrea. Such coordination!

Spinning was fun and then more shopping. We had a blast at Staples buying all kinds of things in an attempt to hit $20 so Andrea could use a coupon. Between the clearance prices and Andrea's discount, we just kept adding more and more to the pile. Then we hit Goodwill (more fun stuff), Aldi and Menard's. I didn't get home until 8:00. It was a long but fun day and I filled some gaps in stockings.

Sunday was normal chore day, with a chunk of time spent putting away everything I'd bought. It was a treat to just be home and have time to get ready for the coming week. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment