Sunday, October 13, 2019

Week 40 - Back to Reality

This was the easiest jet lag recovery ever! I was sleeping normally within a few days and felt absolutely normal by Monday. All good.

The highlight of the week was going to the Downton Abbey movie on Tuesday night with Dodie. She had given me that as my birthday present in February not realizing it wouldn't come out until fall. It was so fun to see the cast again and we totally enjoyed it.

I waited to join the gym until October 1st because I was going with a full membership and fit pass because water aerobics only is no longer an option now that it's in the main gym's lap pool. Despite it being cramped and shallow, it felt good to be back in the pool on Wednesday night. Friday was homecoming so that was the only class for the week, which fine by me. I needed to ease back into it and hopefully will do more than swimming twice a week since I'm spending so much per month.

I had thought my cleaning lady would be coming on Thursday but when I messaged her on Wednesday afternoon, she said it was next week, which was wonderful to hear. That meant I didn't have to go home and madly neatize the house that night. And it's not like the house got horribly dirty in the week since I'd been home. : )

I started hitting the thrifts again and totally scored at the Vine Street Goodwill. They had 2 gorgeous, hand quilted quits in perfect condition in the camping blankets bin for $5.99 each! Check these out. Not bad after not thrifting for weeks.


I hit HyVee again on Friday night to get just a few things but ended up buying pumpkins and mums for my house. Oddly, I was looking forward to being home on the weekend because I wanted to start cleaning out my garage, which is my goal between my trip and when the snow flies. That was the plan until Saturday morning.

I woke up Saturday morning and found an email for Lori, who had forgotten to mention that she had a hair appointment and would be in town. Not a hard decision to make between cleaning the garage and hanging with friends. I ran to the bank before they closed then went to the coffee shop to knit and wait for Lori and Andrea to come. We had lunch (they have yummy chicken salad croissants) and closed them down but had more chatting to do so went to a park and knitted the afternoon away. It was windy but as long as we sat in the sun it was warm enough. By the time we left, the day was gone but it was so worth it.

Sunday was chores and cooking. I'd bought an enormous pork roast at HyVee so cut it up and made pulled bbq pork with half and salsa pork roast with the other half. The crockpot was going all day. After eating so much on the cruise, I had thought I'd start a diet as soon as I got home but I was enjoying eating "normal" food so put that off. At least I'd dieted before the cruise so was just back where I started from. And after a full day at home, I was truly feeling 100% recovered from my trip. Back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment