Thursday, February 21, 2019

Week 6 - Focus on Workshop

With this being the last week before our Business Operations Workshop, work was all about slamming through PowerPoints and handout. So many things! It certainly made the week go quickly so there was that. And Cindy was ever so grateful. There was no way she could have done it all on her own.

On the Jay front, he turned a corner on Tuesday and was clearly feeling much better. I had to dose him with awful tasting liquid antibiotics every night and as the week progressed, it was getting harder and harder as he gained strength. My plan was to let him free in the spare room after his last dose Friday night and that’s what I did. 

I always pinned him on the bed to get the syringe down his throat and when I gave him that last dose, I just let him go. He was under the bed in seconds. I then took down the cage and set his litter box, bed and bowls around the room. This didn’t work because he still went back to where things were in the cage (yes, there was poop where the litter box used to be!) so I had to put things back in their cage spots Saturday morning. After a couple of days, I put them in better spots and he adjusted. He was sleeping under the bed on top of a box of yarn with his head among the springs. He’ll be there for another couple of weeks until he’s gained some weight and his fur has grown back some. I will most likely have to take the bed apart to get him out of there but I’m prepared for that and am just glad he’s back to normal. All good.

My final birthday event was Saturday - Helen was coming over. Or so I thought. We had messaged back and forth earlier in the week but she’d missed a message I sent and I didn’t notice that she hadn’t responded specifically to that part so when I called Saturday morning, I wasn’t in her plan because she thought I hadn’t responded. Talking is so much more accurate than texting! Call me old but… Anyway, she was busy feeding horses but said she’d come over when she was done. She got there in the late afternoon and we sat chatting and knitting for hours. I was starving by the time she left but it was so close to bedtime that I had a bowl of cereal and called it good. I had been dieting all week and this wasn’t on the list but who eats meat and veg at 8:30 pm? Not I.

So with only laundry and chores on Sunday, that was my week. Pretty ordinary and I that was fine by me. The next week would be super busy at work so ending this week with some veg time just to restock my reserves was a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment