Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Week 2 - On the Mend

I coughed all night long and was wide awake between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m. so was glad I'd called in sick on Sunday night. I did finally fall back asleep and when I woke up at 8:30, I had somehow turned a corner. My sides were aching from all the coughing but I was coughing less. I'd take it. I still spent the day sitting and knitting while streaming. I'd started Bosch so had 4 seasons to go. I skipped knitting that night so made quite a dent in season 1.

I went to work on Tuesday and was pretty low energy but I made it through the day. I went home for an easy comfort food dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup then more sitting. This was the week of free classes at Campus Rec but I was in no shape to add new exercises. Oh well.

I still hadn't done any real food shopping since getting home so went to Aldi at lunch on Wednesday and stocked up. I swam after work (coughed a bit but still worth going) and then Anne and I took Rene out for her birthday. We went to Copal, a progressive Mexican restaurant that Rene chose. Now I'd heard good things about it but my normal response to Mexican food is glop on a plate with cheese, glop being the same 4 ingredients. But Copal was different. No glop and lots of interesting items on the menu. I'd definitely go back.

Unfortunately Anne was getting sick. She clearly had a fever (she was wearing mittens at one point during dinner) and was looking worse with every passing minute. We told her to go home and stay there. As for me, I made the mistake of ordering a margarita, which went right to my head, so much so that I didn't finish it. Stupid to drink so soon after being sick. Lesson learned.

Over the next 2 days, I hit 2 more markets so by the time I headed home Friday night, I had enough food for an army and was completely restocked. I spent the entire weekend in the house and it felt great. I did tons of laundry, including the delicates, caught up on chores and started cooking. I finished Bosch - all 4 seasons - by Sunday so clearly had some knitting time in there too. I still had some residual congestion but was completely functional so was looking forward to the new week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment